Bringing back the luster

Started by BMITCH, July 04, 2013, 04:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Ok, I know it's here somewhere but I just couldn't find it. What is everyone using to bring back the luster and shine on their senator side plates. I bought a couple (112h maroon,114h red) off of eBay and they could really use a nice shine. They appear to be hazed to a point where it's below surface and I'm not sure they can be rescued. Has anyone tried painting them also? Any hints, or help would be great.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

BMITCH

Thanks SH. I knew I had read it just recently. I'll give it a go.
Bob

BMITCH

Sal was spot on with a little lube on the plates. Covers a multitude of sins.

Dominick

Maroon, or Ox Blood shoe polish and buff with a shoe brush.  Works for me.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Dominick, I never thought about the shoe polish. It will replenish the color while giving a water repellent film. Brilliant. Im going to get me some.
Thanks,bob

Ron Jones

I've always used clear wax. Either shoe polish or car wax.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: BMITCH on July 04, 2013, 09:29:13 PM
Dominick, I never thought about the shoe polish. It will replenish the color while giving a water repellent film. Brilliant. Im going to get me some.
Thanks,bob
I got the idea from Rob and Bryan.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Joel.B