makira drag cam adjustement

Started by mohamedhashem21, July 09, 2013, 10:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohamedhashem21

i have got a makaira 50wii today i don't know ho to adjust the drag cam properly , i.e: straight of the box even if the cam on 6 position the drag is very low that if the clicker is engaged the spool don't move except on strike position and more , on 7 & 8 positions the drag is much larger but also weak !!! i tried to torque the cam one more round but i lose free spool on 1 position, can any one help me with that

mohamedhashem21

i tighten the preset knob untill i lose free spool , the preset at that time is on 4 position and i have compelete free spool at 3 about 50 seconds , should the 3 be the max drag preset position or the 8 before it (anticlock wise) !!!
at the 8 before it i can't get 60 lbs at strike as the reel is said to have but i can get it on the 3 position after the 8 (clock wise direction)!!

mohamedhashem21

can anyone who have makaira 50 please tell me the drag numbers at different preset positions??

alantani

i finally figured out which numbers you are talking about.  the numbers on the preset dial do not indicate a specific drag amount.  they are merely there as a reference.  they could just as easily be letters or random symbols.  you simply need to note the pounds of drag at those settings and keep a note of them somewhere.  they should be consistent, day to day when you are fishing. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!