stainless gear sleeve - Penn 114H2

Started by zward, July 10, 2013, 05:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zward

I just picked a couple electramate 620xp's and penn114H2's for deep dropping in FL, and am looking at upgrading the gear sleeve to a stainless one as I've heard its fairly common for the current sleeves to round off specially when used with these electric drives. Electramate has them but they're $80, is there a better place to get them? For that price and the amount of use these will see I'd probably just get a spare brass sleeve and use them till something breaks.

Thanks a bunch for any help!
Zane

RowdyW

I would go with the brass sleeve first & see how it holds up. The 114 sleeves are much tougher then the smaller ones.     Rudy

alantani

i dunno how they figure out their prices.  i'm only charging $30 for a 114h gear sleeve.  i also have a $35 kit with the drag washer that goes under the main gear and one of keta's stainless steel dogs.  figure shipping at $3 for a total of $38 delivered.  let me know if you want one.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

zward

Great thanks Alan, that pricing is way better. Do you have 2 of those kits (sleeve, washer and dog)? If so I'll take'em! I dont think we'll use these enough to cause a lot of problems with the current sleeve/dog configuration, but the engineer in me just wouldnt feel right knowing I could've upgraded my reels with better components and didn't..

Thanks again!
Zane

alantani

got 'em!  send me an e-mail with your address and i will ship them out. 

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on July 10, 2013, 06:07:13 PM
i dunno how they figure out their prices.  i'm only charging $30 for a 114h gear sleeve.  i also have a $35 kit with the drag washer that goes under the main gear and one of keta's stainless steel dogs.  figure shipping at $3 for a total of $38 delivered.  let me know if you want one.  thanks!  alan
Don't forget, we don't like that guy over electramate, but we love you. So don't get any crazy ideas. ;) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

got your email. i will get then sent out!

Alto Mare

Alan, I'm not sure if the sleeve for the 114H would work on the 114H2. It might work, but he will probably need a different handle nut and maybe even a new handle. I don't have one of the 114H2 to check, so I'm not 100% sure on it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

zward

Just checked and it looks like the sleeve threads are different from the 114H to the 114H2, since these are going into electric drives all I'll need is two of the 114H electramate handle nut/adapters. I sent them an e-mail about getting a couple, if it turns out to be a pain Alan I can just send the sleeves back, but I dont think it'll be a problem.

Thanks again guys!
Zane