Hi from the Great Southern Land

Started by AndrewC, August 03, 2013, 10:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewC

Greetings Downunder. Just came across this site while reading a review about one of our manufacturers. What a great site. Been trawling through here for the last 3hrs and found all sorts of useful stuff.

A bit about me I live just out of Sydney Australia, I've been fishing for about 30yrs, and regularly fish about 400 miles of our coast line depending where their biting.

Reading through this site shows your never too old to learn something new.... I've found all sorts of interesting stuff.

The worlds a better place when its upside down

Cone

Welcome Mr Grumpy! Your in the right place! there are a lot of talented people here. I hope to continue to learn myself until the day I die.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Welcome Mr Grumpy! We could probably turn that frown upside down for you here ;) ;D
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

AndrewC

Thanks Alto... My kids christened me Mr Grumpy earlier this year after I pulled the tendons out of my wrist lifting a fish into the boat...6 weeks on slow release morphine and NO FISHING........Not Happy........All good now though  :D
The worlds a better place when its upside down

Alto Mare

Not a bad way to get hurt...if you had to ;). Glad to hear you're ok now. About four years ago, a nice size Tuna did a job on my rotator cuff, I didn't do anything about it yet. I'm a tough guy, but a needle will bring me down for the count ;D. I'm able to lift, but can't lift weight over my shoulder on the right :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

TomT

About four years ago, a nice size Tuna did a job on my rotator cuff, I didn't do anything about it yet. I'm a tough guy, but a needle will bring me down for the count Grin. I'm able to lift, but can't lift weight over my shoulder on the right .

Sal, About 6 years ago I faced a hard decision and had to have my right shoulder replaced.   There are a lot of knee and hip replacements, but not too many doctors do a lot of shoulder replacements.  I did some research and had the surgery done by a doctor who does a lot of shoulder replacements.  Very good decision on my part.  The real reason for my response is that the doctor that did my replacement says most shoulder surgeries are for tears in the rotator cuff.  He said that about 99% of all rotator cuff surgeries are successful with no adverse side effects.  My personal opinion if the pain gets bad enough you will probably opt for the surgery.  Hope it gets no worse..Good luck,
TomT

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!