tiny spring assortment?

Started by slowpoke, July 14, 2013, 05:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

Anyone have a source for "extremely-tiny-springs" assortment pack?
I seem to find myself in need ::)
Dave

Norcal Pescador

You might try a good hobby store that deals in radio controlled "toys".

If you're talking about dog springs, I just bought a dozen 14-99s from Pennparts for when they vaporize. :-\
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

slowpoke

Thanks. Unfortunately our selection of hobby stores is mighty slim over here in santa cruz.
Seems that no matter which brand/reel I'm working on I manage to stretch those tiny little springs.
Maybe If I soak them in hot water then into the dryer they'll shrink? Works for my clothes! :)

alantani

my place.  i'm just over the hill.  i've got more lost springs on the floor than some shops keep in inventory.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

slowpoke

Can I come over with my magnet and "sweep" your floor? ;D
So far I've been lucky and have been able to "reshape" the springs so they will still work....but I sure would like to have extras laying around!
I just got done going through my two avet raptors (sx and lx).
Evidently the problem of the silent clickers can be solved by installing shorter clicker-springs, which avet sent to me.
HOLY-MOLY! Installing those things was like trying to do brain surgery while holding your scalpel with chop-sticks!
I got it done though, and despite my best efforts to destroy those new springs....they worked!
Those avets are as loud as my 6/0 Senators now!
Dave

alantani

old man hank nishijima owned hank's rod and reel repair in san jose's old japantown.  when he was sick, i was doing alot of the repairs for him.  when he finally passed away, i bought out all of his old conventional inventory.  i also literally swept the floor and the coutertops and threw everything in to a box that i call "hank's box of miracles."  dozens of times i have gone rummaging through that box looking for odd parts and have found them. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!