newell custom handles

Started by Redfish King, July 14, 2013, 07:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish King

Where can I get custom handles for Newells?I have model #S332-5.Also which penn models interchange handles with the S332-5.I just found out this reel was offered in purple ---how many purple 332-5'S were made?

bluefish69

Up here in Brooklyn the New & most comfortable handle for all Newell's is the Penn 24S-225 handle. You can buy it at Scott's for $18.45 ea. This has a Football style handle.

A little Dramel work & you will be comfy for a long while.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Ron Jones

I thought jigmaster handles fit? If so one of Alan's arms and new handles can't be beat!!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Norcal Pescador

Alan has a custom stainless steel arm with a Kolekar grip just for Newells. I put one on my 220-5 and it's great. Here's a picture of my 220 with the 2/0 sized grip.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5113.0

They fit the 200-300 series. Send him an email to see if he still has any.
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

bluefish69

Some people like the feel of the rubber grips. I still have all Newell handles on all but 2 reels that I use in Winter. I tried one of those pretty SS & Aluminum Ball on it. Froze my hand in Feb. I went back to the Trib. handles on both reels. The biggest reels that I have & used to use are P or S 440 Newell's & they won't be here to long. Going to find them a New Home.

The handles that I spoke of are counter balanced.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Newell Nut

I just put one of Alan's handles on a 631 and it is now grouper winch. Really nice handle. For the smaller reels Alan has the shorter version.
The Tiburon handle with the soft feel knob is really nice and you can get those from Gregg Chow at chowderpuff7@yahoo.com. He sells on ebay but gives me a lower price if I deal direct with him.

Frank

Ditto on Mike's/bluefish69 suggestion of Penn 24S-225. I like the rubber knob and counterbalance.

Link to handle picture:

https://www.mysticparts.com/Search.aspx?k=24S-225

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Frank. Retired. Life long fishing and boating fanatic.

WreckinBall

Quote from: Redfish King on July 14, 2013, 07:40:24 PM
Where can I get custom handles for Newells?

Make your own.  I've converted Torium handles to fit Newells (on the left in the picture below), and they work great. A little work with a small file or a dremel tool, and you're in business.