Dinner

Started by mrbrklyn, July 16, 2013, 05:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

I think I haven't brought groceries for 2 months, other than spices for fish

alantani

Quote from: mrbrklyn on July 16, 2013, 05:52:18 PM

guess who's coming over for dinner?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

raumati01

Nice. I haven't been able to fillet a fish inside the house since we started living together.

franky

Quote from: mrbrklyn on July 16, 2013, 05:52:18 PM
I think I haven't brought groceries for 2 months, other than spices for fish

Hey! Why did you cut the belly and collars off of them fish?  That is one of the best parts of the fish, very tasty and very soft, absolutely Yummy!   ;D

As we say in Hawaii....Where's the Rice and the bottle of Shoyu!  :D   Looking good!  :)

josef23

Wonderful Seabass dishes above. The use of chillies make it more tasty.

Alto Mare

That looks good Mrbrklyn,  try this for me. clean the porgies but don't scale them, place them on a hot grill and cook for 10 minutes on one side, turn them over for another 7 minutes and remove, being careful not to break them up. In a dish, place some olive oil, lemon juice, salt pepper a little hot pepper to taste, clove or two of garlic and fresh Italian parsley.
Place the porgie in a dish, lift one side of the skin, it should come off as one piece and drizzle some of that oil over the meat. eat up with a fork, place the skin back and do the same for the other side.
Good stuff ;). porgie is nice and firm, one of my favorite.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Not that I know of. The scales help with grilling the fish to perfection and to keep it intact, making it easy to handle afterwards.
The skin will lift in one piece so you can get to the meat.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jig-guy

I don't know what a Porgie is? The Porgie is not from southern California I do not think? I love to eat fish and the fish in this post sure looks good to me.
Bill

Shark Hunter

Me neither Jig Guy,
Porgie? Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie. lol
I will have to look this up. :D
Life is Good!

saltydog

All I know is they taste good.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

conchydong

Quote from: jig-guy on August 08, 2013, 06:04:45 AM
I don't know what a Porgie is? The Porgie is not from southern California I do not think? I love to eat fish and the fish in this post sure looks good to me.
Bill

Porgies are great. We have quite a few varieties of them in S. Florida. They are in the Bream family, so I got to thinking and checked Fish base and lo and behold, you do have a Porgie native to S. California.   Check the link.  http://www.fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSummary.php?ID=3573&genusname=Calamus&speciesname=brachysomus

Ron Jones

I always called those funky surf perch. We'd get them during hot summers out of Oceanside.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Steve-O

That's how I do my Silver Salmon on the grill often. Marinade in favorite sauce - Yoshida's Teriyaki for instance. Fire up the grill, Lay the slab on skin side down. Close the grill. When the fat (white stuff) appears through the flesh, it's time to take it off. Slide the spatula between skin and meat. Eat! Yum! Skin lifts off the grill rack when cold.