Carbontex for 8500ss

Started by turboal, July 18, 2013, 03:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

Looking for a set of carbontex drag washers for my Penn 8500ss spinning reel or a thin washer
setup. thanks AL

Cone

turboal, The drag kits are available from Scott's bait and tackle. Dawn probably has carbontex washers for this reel. You can also bump it up a notch by doing this.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6597.0  I have done most of my spinners like this. I did find the 1mm carbon sheet to be too thick for 1 or two reels. The drag retaining clip would not go in because the stack was too high. I may order some .9 mm sheet and redo them. They still work but when you remove the spool I have to be careful. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Dawn

I have the Carbontex set for $8.00.

Thanks
Dawn
Dawn

joel8080

Dawn
?.
Are they the Hexigon shaped ones or the round ones.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

turboal

Dawn, I want to make my own if yours are not the octagon shaped ones. how much for a small sheet
big enough to make about 18 washers ? there about 1" square i think. what's there real size ? maybe
i can cut some of your larger OD ones down to what i want. thanks AL

Dawn

They are round.  Aren't just the metal ones hexagon?

Dawn

Alto Mare

Dawn, I believe he's talking about some custom cut washers that we've been doing here. Most of my spinners don't have the Octagon metal washers, those have been replaced by Carbon Fiber washers shaped into Octagon.
Sorry Dawn, maybe I should open my own store just for the custom cut washers, that would minimize the confusion ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.