Thread size on a 114h

Started by BMITCH, July 20, 2013, 12:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

I know it's here somewhere . Does anyone know the size of the thread for the side plate to brace/frame screws on a 114H?
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Bob, I'm not sure but I'm thinking maybe 8-40. Sal posted while I was typing.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

alantani

got some if you need them.  i am trying to catch up with shipping, pm's and e-mails right now.  let me know what length. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

BMITCH

Ok, has anyone been able to locate SS screws in this size??

BMITCH

As you can see in the photo some of the threads are worn and these screws are actually bent. I'm trying to find a source for replacements out of SS. Just like the 5-40 size on the jigmaster/112h. Only I'm having some trouble finding a 8-40 SS screw anywhere. Anyone know?
   Alan, I may take you up on those screws. That's if I can't find them in SS. Thanks so much.
Bob

BMITCH

I forgot to post the photo.It's early....

RowdyW

Quote from: BMITCH on July 20, 2013, 09:16:12 AM
Ok, has anyone been able to locate SS screws in this size??

Hi Bob, have you tried Scott's B&T?

BMITCH

Are the standard screws from Scott's  stainless??

Irish Jigger

The ones we are getting over here are stainless.The chromed brass phased out about a year ago.

RowdyW

The 5-40's & 8-40's I've been getting are s/s. Since they came out with the China H2 & L reels they have been s/s from China       Rudy

BMITCH

Thanks guys. The only ones I've seen are the chrome over brass. I'm going to place an order for them this week. Thanks again.
Bob