side plates

Started by turboal, July 22, 2013, 08:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

is there a diff between the 114 and the 114H side plates beside the colors red and black ?

RowdyW

They are two different reels & not interchangable.   

turboal

the side screw holes line up perfectly with the frame holes. were only talking about the
side plates. that's what i want to swap out. like the blk better than the maroon.

john2244

The black 114 and red 114H side plates are not interchangeable.  The 114H gears will not fit in a black 114 side plate.  But, Penn did make a 114H with black side plates.  This reel is rare and finding side plates may be very difficult but you may be able to find a complete reel.

John

TomT

My son bought a 113h on ebay with black side plates.  We thought they were black until I serviced the reel.  The insides were maroon.  Someone had done a special paint job and the painted side plates look very good and are very durable.  Does not seem to scratch off.  Some of the guys on this site are doing amazing things with paint and you could probably get some side plates painted for you for a fee. 
TomT

Cone

As a rule the black plates take bushings and the red/maroon plates have bearings. There is a difference in the size of the gears as well. The spool axle is a different diameter in the 114 and 114h.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

RowdyW

Quote from: turboal on July 22, 2013, 09:31:36 PM
the side screw holes line up perfectly with the frame holes. were only talking about the
side plates. that's what i want to swap out. like the blk better than the maroon.
Just try to put a 114H main gear into a blk 114 side plate then maybe you will understand.

Shark Hunter

I bought a 6/0 I bought a while back I thought was a black plate. The maroon was so dark. I ordered a drag kit and then realized that I had a 114h. The drags and main gear are bigger on the 114h.
Life is Good!

turboal

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SOLD to a member on this form<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RowdyW

They were 114 6/0 plates like you already have not 114H Special Senator plates.