114H 6/0

Started by turboal, July 22, 2013, 09:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

while sitting around i decided to build another 114h reel. i have a Tiboron blk narrow frame and spool kit
and and a set of new 114 blk side plates and chrome rings. also have a Newell gear set that comes with 6
carbonex drag washers and the steel ones. do i need to upgrade the bridge or sleeve ?
I also found a cool 113H Blk narrow frame and spool kit stashed away in my parts tote.

RowdyW

The black side plates won't work. You need red or maroon 114H side plates. The black Senator 6/0 & 4/0 reels are a different animal from the red & maroon plate H 6/0 & 4/0 models.

Cone

turboal, if it was mine, I would go ahead and put a ss gear sleeve in it. Some people would say to wait until you round off the end.  New black side plates on a 114h? The black plates are not the same as the red/maroon side plates.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Guys, let me try confusing things a little more ;D.  Since we know that the 114H and 113H also came with black plates, as John also mentioned earlier, we should say that the 114 is different than the 114H and the 113 is different than the 113h, not by color. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

turboal

anyone know where i can get a black set for a 114H ?

RowdyW

Take a number. There's probably 500 ahead of you. You are 501. Or get the red ones painted.

turboal

I guess i will buy a new set of red plates then. maybe i will use the red Tiburon 6/0 frame i have and build an all red reel.

turboal

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 114 blk side plates sold to a member of this family/form <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RowdyW

They were 114 6/0 Senator plates NOT 114H SPECIAL Senator plates. Got to read the numbers & letters correctly.       Rudy