Reel clamp

Started by triumphrick, July 25, 2013, 11:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumphrick

I have a customer with an International 50 SW.

He is trying to mount the reel on a bent butt rod and is using the graphite style of clamp that uses the round extended nut that passes through the clamp and tightens to the stud on the reel seat.

Are there different lengths of these nuts?  I can't recall, as many seem to be the same...

I have been to Scotts site, and can't really tell if a clamp from a 70 or a 130 will work.....by having a longer nut.

alantani

not sure.  i have some old ones, but the nuts are short.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

triumphrick

Quote from: alantani on July 25, 2013, 02:52:35 PM
not sure.  i have some old ones, but the nuts are short.

OK..I misunderstood him. I had him send me some pics and what he has is the screw in studs that fit into the reel seat.

The stock stud is right at 1.5" long, with a hex nut attached to it. The threads extend to about 1 1/4". It is not enough for him to put a nut on the stud extending thru the clamp...

triumphrick

Is anyone familiar with what I am trying to do with this reel?

It is an International 50 SW. It has the stock reel seat that the studs screw into..

The stock studs are not long enough. Is anyone aware of a longer stud or can you direct me to someplace that might list the lengths of studs available to fit this reel seat.

So far I have been to the Penn site as well as Scotts....

I can give them a call on Monday I guess.....just hoping someone here has needed a longer stud and might have some insight on what is available....

bluefish69

Since I don't play with those Big Boy Reels I don't have the part you need. If you know the thread size then someone here could help you. You could go to H D get a thread guage take the Stud & guage to your car & get your size. Then in a flash return the guage for full refund.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Take one of your bolts with you to the hardware store and see if you get lucky finding some stainless steel bolts. If you find some, all you need to do is to cut the bolt to length.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

You can also try a Nuts & Bolts supply near you for a piece of s/s threaded rod  & cut it to the length you need it. Take the piece with you & they will measure it & get the size you need.