Which is the best model Dremmel to use for Reel work?

Started by exp2000, July 27, 2013, 05:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

I was down at the hardware yesterday and they had several models:

http://www.dremel.com/en-au/Tools/Pages/CategoryProducts.aspx?catid=2013

Anybody tried them and which would be the best.
~

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Brian A

I use my cord less li ion one more.  Hold charge long time

Aloha

exp2000

Thanks guys.

OK we have two differing opinions. What are the pros and cons for your choices?
~

harryk3616

my plug in has two speeds, in high speed it really cranks, i don't know the rpms of a cordless,  batteries are expensive and you always have to have a good charge on the battery, small wire wheels, cut off disc work great at high speed for cleaning and cutting, i like the plug in.

Newell Nut

Mine is a very old plug in with about a 4' flexible shaft and it is the most versatile tool in my garage. I have a bunch of carbide router bits for it and they will cut just about anything really fast.

Bryan Young

My corded one is fully variable from 5000 rpm to like 25000 rpms ( I think)

Also mountable for micro drill press and sort.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

spize909

I've got a cordless with a 1-10 dial for speed. Very high rpm on 10.
I have used it to cut a couple locks and it'll barely get through a hardened shank on a full charge.
Convenient but for std bench work get a cord.

exp2000

Ok I have decided to get a corded model.

I am considering the flexible shaft accessory for easier tool manipulation. Do you think this is necessary or desirable?

Also would the 3000 model be adequate or would you advise getting the more powerful 4000 model?

And what is your advise on the handiest tools or toolkit to get for reel service?

TIA, Brett.
~