Chile"s Chipolte Chile

Started by ChileRelleno, July 28, 2013, 12:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

8 cans: Herdez Chipolte chiles in Adobo sauce.
*4 cans: Rotel HOT, Optional
*1lb Pinto beans, cooked, Optional
2 cups: Brown Sugar
*1 large Hershey Special Dark chocolate bar, Optional
2 large Onions quartered
4 large Garlic cloves
8-10lbs skirt/flank steak
Salt, Cumin and whatever other spices float your boat.

In a blender, combine Chiplotes/adobo sauce & *Rotel, blend till smooth.
In large stock pot, add 1/2cup oil and roast onions/garlic, remove, chop & return to pot.
Add Chipolte/Rotel to stock pot, heat on low-med.
Add brown sugar & *chocolate.
Grill steaks rare/med rare, char over heavy flame for great grill flavor, cool and cut into large bite sized chunks, add to pot.
*Add beans.
Season to taste.
Simmer 1/2hr, over low/med heat, careful not to scorch, stir frequently.

Serve topped with crumbled Queso Anejo and fresh tortilla chips.
Ice cold Horchata or Cerveza to wash it down.

Enjoy!
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

No love for a traditional Chile?  :o

How about a Texas or New Mexican style chile?
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Ron Jones

I want some tomatoes and prefer black beans. Other than that it sounds fantastic!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

TomT

I don't know how I missed the original post.  But I did a new post yesterday and it did not come up under "show unread posts since last visit" until today when Alan responded.   I click on that option about 2 times per day.  But I guess some new posts do not pop up as new posts until someone responds--Just guessing.  So maybe your posts was not seen by those of us who rely on the "unread posts option" until you responded today.

As far as the recipe goes, the quantity of the first 2 items might turn off anyone who is faint of heart. ;) 
I personally eat very spicy food but then saw this saw that this only uses 1 lb of beans and I thought holy ----.  :D  Then I saw the recipe is for real chili and has 8 to 10 lbs of meat.  I will have to try it. I enjoy the recipes and hopefully will try most of them someday.
TomT

saltydog

I like that kind of heat but I usually smoke my own jalepenoes then chop them up and add them to my chili. Looks like a great dish. Would try it but can't do with all the sugar, my wife would kick my butt..
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

ChileRelleno

Quote from: noyb72 on September 15, 2013, 05:26:39 AM
I want some tomatoes and prefer black beans. Other than that it sounds fantastic!
Ron
You're the cook... Cut the chiles in half and double the Rotel.
Definitely! I love black beans, go for it.

Quote from: saltydog on September 15, 2013, 02:11:09 PM
I like that kind of heat but I usually smoke my own jalepenoes then chop them up and add them to my chili. Looks like a great dish. Would try it but can't do with all the sugar, my wife would kick my butt..
If you're using your own chipoltes (smoked jalapeno chiles), they're not going to be packed in the adobo sauce, so the sugar will not be needed to cut the bitterness.
You could simply use any tomato product, e.g. more Rotel (well drained) to create the puree.
And the chocolate is optional, it is only used to impart a hint of Mole flavor.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: TomT on September 15, 2013, 05:59:48 AM
I don't know how I missed the original post.  But I did a new post yesterday and it did not come up under "show unread posts since last visit" until today when Alan responded.   I click on that option about 2 times per day.  But I guess some new posts do not pop up as new posts until someone responds--Just guessing.  So maybe your posts was not seen by those of us who rely on the "unread posts option" until you responded today.
I was being facetious.

QuoteAs far as the recipe goes, the quantity of the first 2 items might turn off anyone who is faint of heart. ;) 
I personally eat very spicy food but then saw this saw that this only uses 1 lb of beans and I thought holy ----.  :D  Then I saw the recipe is for real chili and has 8 to 10 lbs of meat.  I will have to try it. I enjoy the recipes and hopefully will try most of them someday.
TomT
The Gringos will be much happier opening a can of Hormel  ;)
Ragnar Benson:

Ron Jones

Huh, I don't know what Rotel is. I am guessing tomatoes. Definitely will try this. I'm from a Long line of Oakies, we have eaten chile as long as anyone.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on September 15, 2013, 09:55:09 PM
Huh, I don't know what Rotel is. I am guessing tomatoes. Definitely will try this. I'm from a Long line of Oakies, we have eaten chile as long as anyone.
Ronald

Rotel: def;  Short for roach hotel.  
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

erikpowell

Quote from: Pescachaser on September 16, 2013, 01:11:15 AM
Quote from: noyb72 on September 15, 2013, 09:55:09 PM
Ronald

Rotel: def;  Short for roach hotel.  

Hahahahaa...lol... no but seriously... what is Rotel? i can get sunny select canned tomatoes w/ diced jalapenos over here.... is that in the ballpark??...
Also, LIKE the chocolate! it's a secret ingredient in my hometown Skyline chili recipe...
that's a Greek recipe chile if ya'll never been to Cincinnati...
...I bet Shark Hunter knows what I'm talking about  ;D ;D

TomT

Hahahahaa...lol... no but seriously... what is Rotel? i can get sunny select canned tomatoes w/ diced jalapenos over here.... is that in the ballpark??...

Rotel is the brand name of basically a canned salsa so I would say your tomatoes with Jalpenos would be a good substitute.
TomT

erikpowell

Right!  Thanks, can't wait to try it.