My boy’s made me so proud today

Started by broschro, July 28, 2013, 09:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Finley got out 2 the 21 bottom we left around 6:15 and headed strata in to a thick blanket of fog. Made r way to the bait stop and got some live bait. Dropped some lines on a few wrecks and nothing .tried my good spot in 110 and nothing there either. I heard some chatter on the radio and off to some new #s I got from a good friend. When we got out to the deeper water we saw a least 15 boats but only one that was close to the #s I had. Everything was lining up just right no wind and a light current made for easy anchoring and the bottom machine lite up.i brought my 6 and soon to be 8 yr olds with me today and the plan was to stay in close but the weather was just too nice and I was going to take advantage of this and it paid off pretty good. Red eyes after red eyes came over the gunnels, Ayden my eight year old put on a good show reeling in some fat vermin all the way up from 130 feet I was very impressed he out fished every one of us old dudes and did not stop.my little guy Ashton kept everyone supplied with bait and helped keep the cobia around the boat with some cut up squid chunks and the fish eat the jig I made.my new friend Eiven went on his first offshore trip and scored a cob on a jig right in front of his face! He is now hooked you could say. Good day and memories were made.

broschro

i forgot to say that Ayden was on the 350 m with 20#mono he did good

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kamuwela

what is the red fish called? looks like what we call in Hawaii ehu.

Ron Jones

They call them red eyes and I don't think they are the exact same as ehu, but they are vary close cousins.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

Great report. Looks like you're gonna have to build at least 2more tanks. For the boys that is. As for a tank for Eiven, well if he is hooked he can build his own. :D thanks for posting
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Jamie, that kid is hooked for life ;). Time to start working on that special tank, it should make a great Christmas gift for him.
Very nice.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

conchydong

Quote from: kamuwela on July 29, 2013, 03:50:03 AM
what is the red fish called? looks like what we call in Hawaii ehu.

They are called Vermilion Snapper. We have another similar fish with a forked tail found in much deeper water called a Queen Snapper.

broschro

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 29, 2013, 10:38:25 AM
Jamie, that kid is hooked for life ;). Time to start working on that special tank, it should make a great Christmas gift for him.
Very nice.
Sal
Sal    he will be eight pretty soon and I'm not sure he could reel in a big fish and keep the line lying right on the spool. I was thinking a hot rod 309 with the level line mechanism so he could just concentrate on reeling in the fish. He was using a 350 m yesterday that I cleaned up and put new ht-100 in her new 2o#
Test mono he was reeling them up from 130 ft. made me proud

ChileRelleno

Fan'freaking'tastic! Love the smile.  ;D
Getting kids hooked on hunting & fishing is one of the best things a parent or other adult can do.

My youngest boy (7yrs) is my hunting& fishing buddy, an accomplished surf/pier fisherman.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Alto Mare

Beautiful shot Chile, that's what it's all about ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

beautiful,  when i was younger i took my nephews out fishing all the time, they were 8 - 10 yrs old or so and they had a ball, as they grew up they didn't need drugs or alcohol, they had fishing in their blood, they have bass boats and others , they all grew up loving fishing with uncle red,   '' fish  on  ''   was the name on the side of my boat , 22' aguasport

broschro

Quote from: ChileRelleno on July 29, 2013, 10:52:29 PM
Fan'freaking'tastic! Love the smile.  ;D
Getting kids hooked on hunting & fishing is one of the best things a parent or other adult can do.

My youngest boy (7yrs) is my hunting& fishing buddy, an accomplished surf/pier fisherman.

they are awesome kid's.love it !every time Ayden got one on he was yelling oooooooooooo