My Own Tank!

Started by Shark Hunter, July 29, 2013, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ChileRelleno

@ Shark Hunter, nice tank.
And what a nice lil'ol bull minnow  ;)

@ Lee, you are having stainless handle arms for the 114H cut, like the OP has on his tank?
If so, I'd like one too please/thnku.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Keta

The drawings for the 3 hole arms disappeared and I have to re draw them but I have single hole ones being cut soon.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Quote from: George4741 on July 29, 2013, 05:20:14 PM
Very nice!  Do the dogs engage simultaneously?
George, you only get one choice with the 113H, simultaneously.
If you needed to have them alternating, grinding the tip of one dog will do it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Here's the first one for 113H/349H reels

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, I like the shape, but it's too plain. How about removing some material from the center as I'm showing

Sorry, I'm not that good with the computer, but you should get an idea.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Will do, how about 2 ovals that follow the lines rather than one?

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, you are good at drawing, put a couple of drawings on paper, that would give us an idea of what looks best.
The one I showed you might be really nice, especially after shining it up a bit.

BMITCH

Lee, I was also thinking the same thing as Sal has just posted. WHen I received the arms for the 113h and the 112h/jigmaster I thought couldn't we just cut some holes or slots to dress this up.

I'm also thinking that maybe the jigmaster handle could be a little more meat to it. Maybe a little thicker through the handle area.

Just a thought.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Quote from: BMITCH on August 01, 2013, 09:17:00 AM

I'm also thinking that maybe the jigmaster handle could be a little more meat to it. Maybe a little thicker through the handle area.

When I picked them up I thought the same and changed the drawing.  I've tried to bend the thin ones, it can't be done on a reel but I'm not going to cut them any more.

When I get back from albacore/halibut fishing I'll draw up one like the one above.  I'm trying to stay inside as much as possible due to the smoke from the large fires in our area. 1/2 to 1 mile visibility.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Ok, here is the perfect example that you can't please everyone ;D. I like them as they are, I don't think making that area wider would make the handle look any better better.
These are stainless steel, there is no need to go any wider, they're plenty strong.
How long is that handle that I marked? If you make me one 4 1/2" for the 4/0, 5 1/2" for the 6/0 and 6 1/2" for the 10/0, I would buy them from you.
I would like to have the cut out as close as the one I'm showing and the handles to go up on width by 1/8, as you increase on length from the 4/0.
I will polish mine myself, you just need to cut them.

Shark Hunter

How do you go about polishing these. Some buffing compound and a dremel?
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Dremel might not do, I use a 6" bench grinder with a buffing wheel and some buffing compound.
I bring the bench grinder outdoors, it will make a mess in the garage. Not an easy job.
Alan mentioned that he might know someone to buff his handles, the price wasn't bad.

Keta

Wilderness Pack Specialties is across from my shop and the owner trades me tool use for reel repair, he has a buffing wheel I use.  We also fish together.

Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Sounds like a good trade! Lee! ;D
Life is Good!