My Own Tank!

Started by Shark Hunter, July 29, 2013, 05:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I tried my best to make those red rings work Sal, but it was no dice. They wouldn't sit flush on the inside.
The stand screws wouldn't take hold to compress them and I didn't want to strip the holes for those short screws. I just used the original ones. I'll hold on to them though, They might work on something else. I did a little more grinding on that second dog and it is a lot smoother now. Here are my two Tanks!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Sorry they didn't work out Daron. After telling you that I was going to send some rings, I realized those were outer rings. I checked them on the plates and they fit nicely, but I never mounted them. Oh well, keep them as a souvenir ;D.
About that Wex, don't underestimate it. When I received mine, I noticed that the hub was smaller in diameter than the narrowed, I contacted a rep over Tiburon and he explained that the Wex spool was stronger than the narrow... different process. The wide frame is not topless, they also did that for a reason.
It might be fun to see that reel blow up...its only money ;). I'm sure if that happens, it would give you a thrill ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I don't know about the Thrill Part! I'm headed to The panhandle in Sept. to try my luck at catching some Sharks again. The WEX will be in the line up. I'm going to bolt it to a 100lb rated roller rod with Winthrop guides. I'm not sure how I'm going to spool it yet, but I will feel confident with a beast on the other end! thanks for the Handle Buddy! It feels really good in my Hand! ;)
Life is Good!