Penn Senator 10/0-12/0 differences

Started by knife, July 29, 2013, 06:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knife

Hello,
is the 12/0 model the same as the 10/0 but with only the spool longest but same diameter ??
Thanks
knife

RowdyW

The 12/0 is slightly wider then the 10/0. The 12/0 has either a chrome spool or a black aluminum spool. The 10/0 only has a chrome spool. Side plates, interior parts, & gear ratio's are the same but later models have different bearings in the side plates.

Shark Hunter

The 10/0 has a narrower stand, posts and spool. All other parts interchange. If you have a really old 12 or 10/0, the handle nut could be different also. The older ones use the same nut as a 114H. (different threads)
Life is Good!

Cone

Penn did make an aluminum spool for the 10/0 at one time. Its still listed on Penn Parts website as discontinued.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cone on September 01, 2013, 04:49:01 PM
Penn did make an aluminum spool for the 10/0 at one time. Its still listed on Penn Parts website as discontinued.   Bob
Don't believe everything you read Bob :-\. That said, I did see a full aluminum black frame on a 16/0 once, but couldn't tell who made it. When I went back to check, all info including the reel were gone :-\.
That's one reason I don't believe on ebay. Once, a guy had the very first edition 12/0 with a wooden handle, I placed a bid so he wouldn't give it to someone with buy it now and it still went. that was against ebay rules, but he still got away with it. :-\
A good example of "the big fish eats the little fish"

Penn never made an aluminum spool for the 116A.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

Sal, I stand corrected. I've never seen one.  :o I did see the discontinued part on Penn Parts website when I was ordering parts for a friends 116A. I just assumed because of the listing and you know what assumed breaks down to.    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD