SS handle arm 113HN

Started by turboal, July 30, 2013, 08:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

Alan, does any of your long SS handle arms fit a 113HN, Baja special. i was told the Bridge/ handle stud is smaller than a regular 113H

Keta

If I had the dimensions I can have arms cut for the 113HN Baja Special.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

If you like the shape and length of the stock 2-position arm, then Scott's has a stainless one for $17.45.  You can replace the wimpy knob with the one of your choice, like I did in the following thread. 
http://alantani.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=l36hfu9ceoi0b3l3iqqdo317n5&topic=5397.msg43780#msg43780
viurem lliures o morirem

turboal

Keta, Sorry i don't have the Baja special dimensions but it is the same as a penn TQ300LD.

turboal

Quote from: turboal on July 31, 2013, 03:06:55 PM
Keta, Sorry i don't have the Baja special dimensions but it is the same as a penn TQ300LD.
it uses a Penn type Q bridge

turboal

George, I want a longer arm. 5" or so. I have plenty of custom handles.

George4741

Quote from: turboal on July 31, 2013, 03:15:14 PM
George, I want a longer arm. 5" or so. I have plenty of custom handles.

I see. 
viurem lliures o morirem

turboal

my type of handles that i get.

turboal

OK, just got off the phone with Scott's parts. the handle stud is same as the Int series 20 to 50T
I took the handle off and tried my 50T handle on it. perfect fit. also a 349H handle fits.surprisingly.
now i just need to find what i looking for. any suggestions ?  this is what i found

alantani

there is a baja special arm that is made of stainless steel.  i have been happy with the length as is. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

turboal

thanks everybody for the help. I am going to buy the aluminum handle and arm. $34.95 the price is right. the last one i posted

George4741

Quote from: turboal on July 31, 2013, 05:18:30 PM
OK, just got off the phone with Scott's parts. the handle stud is same as the Int series 20 to 50T
I took the handle off and tried my 50T handle on it. perfect fit. also a 349H handle fits.surprisingly.
now i just need to find what i looking for. any suggestions ?  this is what i found

I disagree with Scott's.  They aren't the same.  The handles that fit the Type B bridge, such as the Int 20, 113H, and 349, don't properly fit on my Baja Special.  These handles fit very loose and will eventually round off the gear sleeve.  Your mileage may vary.     

George
viurem lliures o morirem

George4741

Quote from: Keta on July 30, 2013, 09:30:22 PM
If I had the dimensions I can have arms cut for the 113HN Baja Special.

Lee, the end of the gear sleeve, where the handle attaches on the Baja Special, is a square stud.  It measures .298 inches on my reel.  Installed in the outer hole, my handle length, center-to-center, is 3.1 inches. 
viurem lliures o morirem

nelz

I'm looking for a balanced aluminum handle in the 113HN size. Do you know of any?

George4741

Nelz, I don't think anyone makes balanced handles for this reel.  You may have to commission someone here to make one.
  George 
viurem lliures o morirem