SS Arm 113H

Started by turboal, August 01, 2013, 04:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

Alan, do you have a SS arm for a 113H like the 3 hole Newell arm ? or a longer arm.

alantani

sorry, no.  i have a longer arm that is patterned after the penn international II, and plans have been in the works for years now for a penn arm with the same silhouette as the penn power handle series, with 3 holes for the jigmaster, two holes for the 4/0 senator, and 2 holes for the 6/0 senator.  it only needs a "go" and it can get started, but it is a $3000 project......

that's why it has been on hold. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Do you have the CAD drawings for the arms Alan?  If not, I may be able to help.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hopefully I can get small quantities cut too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Looks like we're going to different directions with this, now I'm wondering who's going to make those available to us :-\.
Hey, bring them on, the more the merrier ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 01, 2013, 04:52:22 PM
Hey, bring them on, the more the merrier
Yup, as far as I'm concerned making them available is a good thing.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

i've got a guy that might be able to cut them out of stainless steel using a water jet.  we just have too much going on right now.  i still have to fix the garbage disposal and prep the boat for tomorrow's fishing trip. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

turboal

If anybody decides to make handles make them about 4" to 4 1/2"long C/L to C/L of the holes so we can get good leverage.

Keta

Would something like these unfinished blanks work?  

Mark Twain

RowdyW

I like them both Lee. Which ever one you make I'm in for a few.    Rudy

Ron Jones

Looks like one of those is for a Jigmaster and one a 113H? Both look great but to be honest, Alan's arms are pretty sweet. The coolest thing is the ring that goes over the handle nut on the 113H, I want one of those on every reel I own!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

BMITCH

They look good Lee. When are they available?
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

Soon, I have one of each I can part with as soon as I get them cleaned and polished.  I want to put one of the original cutting on my personal 112HN and 349H.  I have 114H handles drawn and will work on getting ones for the larger senators finished.  I can do Daiwa handles too.
A fancy handle nut retainer has been drawn but I'm overextended and short on funds due to the large order that was finally cut this week.

Mark Twain

turboal

Keta, how long is the longest arm ? how much ? when available ?
Alan, how long is your International arm, hole to hole ?

Keta

Quote from: turboal on August 08, 2013, 03:51:18 AM
Keta, how long is the longest arm ? how much ? when available ?
Alan, how long is your International arm, hole to hole ?

5.33" long, 4.63" center to center on the longest hole.  I can draw and cut custom ones to any length.   Once I figure out the time I have in them I'll have a price, as of now it looks like $17.00 for low polish, $20.00 for high polish.  It looks like the new owner will cut my parts more often so a guess would be a week after I make the order.

Mark Twain