half moon bay kids' trip - 7/30/2013

Started by alantani, August 01, 2013, 08:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

half moon bay kids' trip - 7/30/2013

it's a kids' trip this time.  we get to sleep in a little.  

lots of moans and groans this early in the morning.  

dudes, c'mon, 45 minutes to get ready?

at least alex was awake!

meet the crew.  from left to right, michelle, allison, christina and rokka.

back to the triangle of death!

i think christina has decided that fish are yucky.

michelle is turning out to be this morning's killer!

for some reason, this boat wanted our spot.  

understandable, we were pulling up a very nice grade of fish.

and they were coming over the rail pretty fast!

sometimes one at a time.

sometimes two at a time.  

after that party boat moved in on our starting point, we headed down to pescadero and found a spot that was totally loaded.  the meter showed a 30 food depth with fish stacked top to bottom.

we did a final count and needed nine more to finish out our limit.  on the last drift, those last nine fish came over the rail in 3 minutes.  the kids even let me catch the last one!

not bad for a mornings worth of fishing.  

ok, they're awake now!

alex and i spent an hour and a half back at the dock scaling, gutting and gilling all 60 rockfish, while the girls went out for ice cream.  then we drove home and cleaned out the boat.  it went fast because everyone helped.  christina came up with the bright idea that everyone should stay for dinner because dad was going to make fish tacos!  i'm old school.  i still fry the taco shells in oil.

the rockfish filets were cut into strips, egged, dipped in bread crumbs and deepfried as well.

the girls made a huge tub of fresh salsa that didn't last long at all.  

one glass of wine and poor alex was down for the count.  michelle offered to finish it for him, but that suggestion did not go over very well with her dad.

crystal joined us for dinner.

allison and joy had chicken in their tacos because they are allergic to fish.

hope you enjoyed spending the day with us!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

That was by far, one of the most fun reading fishing report because of the anticipation of what to come next.  Looks like you all had a blast.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

john2244

Yes Alan, I did enjoy your day.  Great post, thanks.
John

spottybastard

Alan, is that one of those infamous Diawa Sweepfire you're holding?

alantani

Quote from: spottybastard on August 02, 2013, 02:06:29 AM
Alan, is that one of those infamous Diawa Sweepfire you're holding?

it is.  they are great reels!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Only way to make taco's. Only thing better is pressing your own tortillas. Looks like a day I wish I could have had.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Jonnybravo

Oh yea...  That was definitely a great read.  Looks like tons of fun out there!

saltydog

Good read and I am happy to know I'm not the only one to still fry taco shlls. ;D
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

TomT

You can eat taco shells raw!!??  ;)  Next thing is somebody will try to eat raw fish!! ::)
TomT

Dominick

Quote from: TomT on August 02, 2013, 09:20:48 PM
You can eat taco shells raw!!??  ;)  Next thing is somebody will try to eat raw fish!! ::)
TomT

Yeah! Imagine Japanese eating raw fish.   ;D good report Alan.  I got skunked off the beach in New Jersey today.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 03, 2013, 12:33:39 AM
Quote from: TomT on August 02, 2013, 09:20:48 PM
TomT

Yeah! Imagine Japanese eating raw fish.   ;D good report Alan.  I got skunked off the beach in New Jersey today.  Dominick

Thanks for sharing the day with us Alan. Looks like a fun FILLED day. BTW why is Dominick fishing for skunks in NJ?? :D
luck is the residue of design.

broschro

good job Dad! thats a box of fish i say.

jig-guy

Those smiles from all of you are great. Good stuff there and a fun trip for all of you. Cool report and interesting pictures. Lot of fishies works. Those taco's sure look good and I bet there were none left over.
jig-guy / Bill