Daiwa 47SH Sealine: Horrible Crank Handle!!

Started by woodeye, August 01, 2013, 08:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan.han

Quote from: woodeye on August 09, 2013, 11:49:36 PMHowever, I dipped one in the ocean a couple times to get a ton of salmon blood off and it has never been the same. It's a bit "give and go" jerky, and doesn't keep the same setting well.
DON'T EVER DO THIS AGAIN! This reel will need to be fully serviced and has more than just a couple bad bearings and there are 6. The bearings run $8-10.00. It will not be a pretty sight when it is opened for servicing. My reels are blood magnets. You can always wipe them off when you get back to port. There is no need to submerge a reel in saltwater. All you are doing is guaranteeing an inevitable failure by introducing salt deep into the reel's internal mechanisms (rust and corrosion). Learn to bask in the blood and slime. It won't kill you. I promise.

The clicker adjustments and clicker housing replacement is something I have been doing on my Avets. I've had them for a little over 4 years now. I have been helping Alan with some of his backlog for a few years now along with the reels that I get through the local harbors and fishing community by word of mouth. THe adjustments could be made yourself, but the springs in the clicker assembly can be fragile and tedious. You could easily smash a spring with some needlenose pliers if not performed correctly/carefully. It is up to you, but I would send it in if you are not comfortable with reel servicing.

Grease all drags. Coat all parts/surfaces with marine grade grease (i.e. Yamalube or Mercury SPline grease) Avets come with carbon fiber drags already. They just need to be greased with Cal's. Excessive grease will cause the pressure plate to contact with the excess grease on the drag surface-bad freespool if casting.
raw instinct

Shark Hunter

I use the Blue penn grease and Corrosion X on the bearings woodeye.
Sounds like you are tackling too many reels at once. Take your time.
Like Alan said, "decaf" :D
If you have problems again finding your post, click on "Show new replies to your post" at the top of the page. ;)
Life is Good!

woodeye

I have tried that several times. As I did after reading your suggestion, it always comes up empty and indicates, "0 replies". (This time, after several responses including yours)......?!? Oh, well.

Shark Hunter

I don't know what the deal is woodeye. You can always just go to Daiwa Tutorials and questions and find your post. That's what I did here.
Life is Good!

alantani

sorry, i lost track.  i do have a handle and can send it out.  i will try to get it into the mail tomorrow! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!