300ej in 301e

Started by Jes301, August 04, 2013, 01:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jes301

Hey guys I I replace my gears in the 301E with 300EJ gears and now the gears are grinding. It the pinion gear seems like it not engaging. I replaced the spring with new ones to see if the will help bit it not working.

REK

Did you replace both the pinion and main gears? E and EJ have different ratios so you need to replace as a set. If everything works, but grinds, maybe try lapping the gears.

edit; 301...left hand reel. EJ...right hand reel. Will left hand reel gears work in a right handed reel?

Zimbass

You can not put right hand gears in a left hand reel. As they do not offer the EJ in the left handed version, you will not be able to change.

As mentioned by REK, when changing the main gear, you also need to change the pinion, as they are a matched set.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Jes301

Yeah I have change both main n pinion.

Jes301

I remove the gears from my reel. 300EJ  with the 301 E cut the opposite way of each other I should have looked at the gears before I install them.  I looked at the gears the position and I seen the problem. I  I got too excite did not think befor  I order n install them.