9500SS Brass Main Gear... Hens Teeth?

Started by ChileRelleno, August 04, 2013, 02:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Is it true that brass Main Gear (8-9500) are like finding hen's teeth, that is to say impossible?

Has anyone even seen them pop up For Sale lately anywhere?
Anybody have one they'd be willing to sell?

I have a NIB 9500SS and am upgrading it before use.
Lee supplied me with the stainless ratchets and dogs, so that is a project for some evening soon.

Thanks,
John
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

They pop up every now and then on ebay. I bought a brass gear and pinion a couple of months ago. They don't last long so if you see one jump on it. The pinion is different for the brass gear. The one I bought came as a set. Scott's bait and tackle had the pinion but not the gear the last time I checked. There are two reels on ebay now with brass gears. One is too exspensive, and the other has a reserve but hasn't been met. My son traded a 850ssm for a 9500ss a week or two ago and it had brass gears. Good luck if you keep an eye out you'll find one.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

ChileRelleno

Some people on eBay are obviously on drugs when they value their items.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

I agree. I bought one gear because it had a picture of a brass gear. When it arrived it was an aluminum. I returned it. They do pop up now and then. I think I paid 25 bucks for a main and pinion buy it now price. I would have paid that for just the main.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD