RE: Okuma CV 30L tutorial

Started by Jimmer, March 10, 2010, 04:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmer

Glad to see you post this one Alan, thank you. I just wanted to add a few comments. It may be worth the time to check the tightness of the 2 small screws holding the clicker gear to the spool on an annual basis. It's also time well spent to remove the eccentric cam and slap on a thick coat of blue grease to seal it off and protect it from corrosion. I also like to remove the screw holding the mainshaft to the holding plate, grease the mainshaft bushing, loctite the screw before reinstalling, and grease the thin washer below it to seal it off (make sure this washer is centered on the screw/ bushing). Just a little more protection against the elemnts. Thanks again for all your great posts and tutorials, please keep 'em coming.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Jimmer

Forgot to mention sometimes the drag stack will be a little high with the carbonite washer replacing the plastic one in the drag stack. You can lap down the inside keyed washer and the eared washer on a sheet of 320 grit it get rid of the sharp punched edges (do this carefully in a figure 8 pattern, rotating the washer 90 degrees after 10 strokes to avoid uneven thickness) annd pick up some depth. as a last resort bend the ears down slightly to get engagement with the main gear. I haven't had a problem with sideplate clearance yet. I think tthe penn washers are a little thinner, haven't tried them yet but that might be a good solution.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

alantani

thanks!  i'll add that to the post.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!