Pro-Gear 251 Bridge vs Jigmaster 500 bridge RE: Stainless sleeve

Started by Joel.B, August 07, 2013, 04:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

SO I am trying to put a stainless sleeve I got from Alan on a Pro-Gear 251 bridge, the shoulder at base of the post is slightly taller than that of a Jigmaster 500 bridge/post,,,,so the stainless sleeve won't slide down far enough, tiniest of gap between sleeve and bridge, retainer pin wont go in either

So I already have mucho work into the bridge as I drilled it and installed new posts for second dog.  I am thinking milling out the pocket at bottom of sleeve the best course of action now?  I could bang out the post and pound a Jigmaster post back in.....or turn the shoulder down.

pretty sure drilling out the sleeve a bit is the way to go

Had I known there was a difference I would have just used a Jigmaster bridge

Bryan Young

Hi Joel,

All you need to do is file down the gear sleeve pin slightly until it slides in.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on August 07, 2013, 05:43:29 AM
better i should send you a jigmaster bridge.......
Good idea. ;)

Alan, on another note, as you know I just got a few sleeves from you, well, maybe just a little more than a few ;D
Could you let the machinist know that the pins on the 98-60 & 98-155 are a little long? Maybe he could adjust for the next run,
it isn't easy to slide the gear on. I have no issue sanding them down, but some might not like to do so.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

Bryan- I would need to file pin into a needle,

Alan- Thanks, I have plethora of bridgemaster bridges, and I think I will start over with another bridge

Bryan Young

You just need to file the pin flat on one side.  If you look through the hole of the gear sleeve, when installed on the bridge, you can see a slight overhang of the bridge post on the top. If you file the pin flat on one area, it should slide in easily.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D