jigmaster spool

Started by garking84, August 07, 2013, 09:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garking84

IV been fishing for two years so im no expert and I have a couple of questions . I have a jigmaster 500 with the maroon spool i read somewhere that it's a very fragile spool. So i wanted to know if the spools for jigmaster 500 and 309m are interchangeable. also which  reel is better both have ss gear sleeve, but when i opened the 500 to install the gear sleeve i noticed all of its parts  where stainless Steel. Do these  reels come like this or previous owner upgraded everything? Thanks

harryk3616

hi   garking      the spools aren't interchangeable,  as far as the spool being fragile ,alot of guys put dacron on first, this acts like a cushion, the mono can crush a spool.    harryk

RowdyW

garking, maroon spools are usually plastic so shop around for a good used chrome or black aluminum spool.  Red spools from a 500S are aluminum too.      Rudy

BMITCH

Quote from: RowdyW on August 07, 2013, 11:30:21 PM
garking, maroon spools are usually plastic so shop around for a good used chrome or black aluminum spool.  Red spools from a 500S are aluminum too.      Rudy

X2
luck is the residue of design.

garking84

Thanks a lot to all of u who replied to my post. All ur answers were really helpful I guess I'll be looking for an aluminum spool on eBay.

Ron Jones

Scott's has them (mysticparts.com) and Ebay usually doesn't beat him by much if at all.

Ron

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

VW

The 500 was available with a Stainless Steel spool for a few years.  They are very strong.  I like them.  They can be found on ebay.

Bryan Young

I have a couple that I bought on ebay as a set. Cost is $15 plus shipping. Thats what I paid minus shipping.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

garking84

Bryan, what kind of spool do you have for sale?

Bryan Young

Jigmaster 500 aluminum spools.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D