Started by garking84, August 08, 2013, 02:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saltydog

Ok whose the 130 year old in the room :o, I wish I felt in my 40's. ;D ;D
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

floating doc

I agree about the rays being tough. I caught one in Tampa bay that was much bigger than the 155 lb Alaskan halibut I caught the year before.  It fought much harder, too.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Cone on August 09, 2013, 02:02:40 PM
SH, Sal already told everyone here on page 28.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3083.405   Bob
Thanks Bob. I had forgotton about that.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

If the photo comes through then this is what seniors can be if they work at it. Lift blocks like Sal or lift weights like me and we can whip anything brave enough to bite our hooks.

Alto Mare

Dwight, That's not you, is it ??
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

That is me at age 61. I won the 2010 Grandmaster 60+ National Championship, 2nd in the 50+ group and 5th place in most athletic physique against all ages there.

Alto Mare

Way to go Dwight, I'm impressed!
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Newell Nut

Thanks Sal, keep up the mason work and you will be strong for a long time and kill a lot of fish.

saltydog

Now that's what I want to look like when I grow up.
MacArthur

Newell Nut

You can be if you want to bad enough. Just want it enough to work at it. The average senior citizen is a product of a lifestyle of self destruction. Why on earth do people destroy themselves? I don't get it.
Through exercise and resistance training you can constantly regenerate yourself. I have proven it and I live it.

Now get busy.

garking84

Ok now that I know a 113h can do some damage on sharks. I'll be heading out to the beach next Friday going after sharks. I'm  new to shark fishing so what are good shark baits,size, live or cut bait? Also what are the best months for shark fishing or can you catch them year round?

Bunnlevel Sharker

Go join sharks on the sand, you will get great information there. As for baits, jacks, rays, fish heads, whiting, bluefish, etc.
Grayson Lanier

saltydog

In my experience most people use too big a bait,a fist sized bait is plenty for most sharks anything between the size of a mullet head or a good 12" mullet whole will get you more hookups than those monster 20 to 30# baits some guys use.In Texas it's good between May and October(bulls, blacktips, hammerheads, tigers, atlantic sharpnose, bonnethead, and a few others ) but we do have a few cold water sharks(sandbar,mako) later in the year.

MacArthur

Bunnlevel Sharker

What about crabs, baby sharks, and the like? Minimum bait i run out for sharks is about a 3lb jack or blue on my 4/0w
Grayson Lanier

saltydog

Well here in Texas we get lots of reds and big uglies on crabs and baby sharks are not legal anywhere in the states so you need to check your local game laws(the civil restitution in Texas is pretty stiff).And a 3 pound bait is about as big as I go,the biggest sharks I have caught even when I commercial fished were caught on baits about the size of a normal 12" mullet or small blue runner.A good 8 to 12" stingray can't go wrong either.
MacArthur