Avet anti- reverse

Started by septicsac, March 10, 2010, 10:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

septicsac

Recently serviced 2 avets, an sx and an mx. First time I used them, since servicing today - anyway to cut a long story short the anti-reverse seems to be giving some problems ie. it goes backways when under pressure making an annoying/worrying ratchety sound ???
Sure it is something simple I have done wrong, maybe the anti-reverse in backways ?? but wondering if anyone had any experience of this before I pull them apart again. On a plus note,apart form the above problem,both reels are working excellent thanks to the instructions here(Cheers Alan) and the ReelX has made a significant difference to the reel.

alantani

for all of the grousing i do about avet reels, the anti-reverse systems are pretty good.  do you have a silent anti-reverse or a clicking anti-reverse?  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

septicsac

It clicks when it goes in reverse,rather alarmingly loud :o Alan...........got a feeling I put something in the wrong way round or something ??
Wasn't doing it before I serviced them so obviously something I have put back wrong ? ? ? ? ?

septicsac

Got it sorted, had the anti-reverse "thingy" in backways ::) on both reels. Was unsure about it when servicing them so kinda knew the problem............both reels A1 now ;D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!