Washers for under main gear

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 09, 2013, 04:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

What size ht-100 for the 4/0? And a red side 6/0 would take the same washer as the 9/0 right?
Grayson Lanier

George4741

Which 4/0?  The 113H or the black 113?  On the black 113 use a Penn 6-113 (HT-100) or if you have clearance problems use a Smoothdrag #5 carbontex.  On the 113H you can use a Penn 6-113H washer.

Yes, the red 114H uses the same washer as the 9/0.

George
viurem lliures o morirem

Bunnlevel Sharker

Grayson Lanier

Keta

If you order your CF washers from Smooth Drag it comes with the right CF under washer.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Quote from: Keta on August 10, 2013, 02:42:01 AM
If you order your CF washers from Smooth Drag it comes with the right CF under washer.

The CF washer Lee is referring to is Smoothdrag's #12 carbontex.  The outer diameter is smaller than the HT-100 and it works nicely under the main gear of the 113H and the 349's.  
viurem lliures o morirem

Bunnlevel Sharker

Thanks guys. I broke down my 4/0w last night, never serviced it before cause the guy I bought it from said he had serviced it. At the top of the stack it was two CFs and then two metals, I fixed it and now I need to test the drag, cause it was pulling 22lbs!
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

90% of the Senators I buy have the drag stack in the wrong sequence. :P
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 13, 2013, 07:32:12 PM
90% of the Senators I buy have the drag stack in the wrong sequence. :P
They're not mine ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

What about this one? What a deal! Only 20 bucks and 10 shipping on fleabay! lol :D
Looks like a Frankenstein reel. The eccentric looks too long as well.
Life is Good!

George4741

Well, I suppose ugly is as ugly does. ;)  I wouldn't put too much umph on that handle. ;D

How does the rest of the reel look?
viurem lliures o morirem

Shark Hunter

Not too bad. It already has a bid. I just can't get over that power handle!!!! :o Definitely a fixer upper! I would actually buy this if it weren't for the wrong eccentric lever, but the deal breaker is the handle nut. looks pretty rounded. I actually have all the parts this Frankenstein needs. Just didn't want to use them up all at once.
Life is Good!

RowdyW

Talk about a butcher job, welcome to the meat market.  ::)

Bunnlevel Sharker

How much for it? I do need a main gear.......I f I can't find it in the rest of my junk
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I posted it just because I thought it was funny! :D
Its not mine. If you want it, you are on your own.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I'm digging the two color line and the 4 hole power handle
Grayson Lanier