Speedmaster 3 question

Started by PTFISHERMAN, August 31, 2013, 01:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTFISHERMAN

I bought this reel off Ebay and am trying to clean it up and get it serviced.  When I took everything off the Drive Shaft TGT0102 it wobbles a little when you move the end of it.  Is this normal?  Never had one so I really don't know and am a noobie at this reel work.  This site helped me greatly by looking at the tutorial on the Daiwa 50h as my first rehab reel was a 35H which I have caught several nice Kingfish on but wanted this reel due to quicker retrieve when they make a turn and the line goes limp:)).   Thank you in advance for helping me.  I also need a Handle for it and need suggestion where to get one please.

doradoben

There is a very helpful Speedmaster III/IV tutorial in the Shimano section of the site. Also check out tld star 15/30 and 20/40 in the same section. These two threads contain lots of photos and will probably answer most of the questions you have about your reel..

PTFISHERMAN

Ok, thanks for the tips I'll check all them out.

PTFISHERMAN

I have looked thru the available tutorials concerning my origianl concern about the drive shaft wiggle and havent seen it mentioned.

UK Ron

Hi,
Dont worry about the slight wobble it's fine.

Ron