Shark hooks

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 12, 2013, 09:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Somebody asked a question about what hooks to use for sharks, so I took pics of what I use

From left to right: 12/0 mustard o'shaugnsey style, 16/0 gapped offset mustad, and a 12/0 mustad

Left to right: EC 20/0 circle, Mustad 20/0 circle,and a mustad southern and tuna 12/0

Top to bottom: 14/0 SS J hook, 10/0 mustad o'shaugnsey, and a 2x 8/0 mustad o'shaugnsey

And these are some bad little hooks, 9/0 EC circle sea, I use these and the 7/0s for drum and sharks
Grayson Lanier

Mandelstam

There's something about shark rigs that I find extremely hot. :P
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Bunnlevel Sharker

A big ol sexy king Mack head with a 12/0 J studded in it, nothing better
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

Well then this should trip your trigger!  ;)
30' of 700 lb test mono, 10' of 920 lb 7x7 nylon coated cable, 8/0 long line snap, 225 lb test rosco swivel and a 20/0 circle.  :-*
Life is Good!

Mandelstam

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 16, 2013, 08:00:14 AM
30' of 700 lb test mono, 10' of 920 lb 7x7 nylon coated cable, 8/0 long line snap, 225 lb test rosco swivel and a 20/0 circle.  :-*

:P :P :P
Oh, mama....
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Bunnlevel Sharker

He said shark rigs not bait setups ;D
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

This is a Shark Rig Grayson! ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

I use those to catch mermaids that I use for megaladon bait
Grayson Lanier

RowdyW

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 16, 2013, 08:00:14 AM

SH, your 225 lb. swivel is a weak link in your chain. The swivel should equal your highest lb. level of components in your system. You've got a rig for a 4000# Great White & a swivel for a 600# Hammerhead.

Shark Hunter

I'll settle for the Hammer! ;D
Life is Good!

RowdyW

If you want a Hammerhead that big head for Islamorada in the Florida Keys.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Honestly that's what size swivels I use on my lighter cast baits, smallest I run on yak baits  is a 750lb on small rigs, on up to a 8/0 rosco
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

The 225 lb snap swivel is for the sliding trace weight. The main line is attached using a 8/0 rosco swivel that is rated at 900lbs....  :o
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Never mind then, that'll work! If you remember, tie your weights on with light single strand so if you break off it will rust off or break quickly as possible
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

Will do Grayson. Thanks. ;)
Life is Good!