Hello from sunny SoCal

Started by bajaandy, August 07, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajaandy

Hey there... new guy here from Escondido, Ca. Rebuilt my first Penn 155 before I even knew what I was doing. Just took the screws out and let the parts fall where they may! Somehow got everything back together correctly and working again. Have really enjoyed reading Alan's tutorials and using the picture by picture playbook for doing repairs and maintenance. What a feeling of success when you repair a broken reel and then go catch a big fish on it! Thanks again for the help and insight. Looking forward to joining the group here.
I tink, therefore I am.

Mandelstam

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in!

:)
/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bryan Young

Aloha Andy.

You lucky guy...one of the best fisheries on the west coast. 

Welcome and enjoy the reel people of the world.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Welcome Andy, from the Sacramento Delta......from a former resident of SoCal
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Shark Hunter

Welcome Andy!
You will like it here! ;D
Daron from Kentucky
Life is Good!

bajaandy

Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Just finished fixing another 113HLW. The gear sleeve was frozen on the shaft. Got everything dissembled and honed out the sleeve with 400 grit, cleaned up the shaft, re-greased and reassembled. All is well again. My son has his Progear 541 apart waiting for new drags to come in tomorrow. It's a family thing. HA!  
I tink, therefore I am.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

andy welcome to Mr. Tani's neighborhood...

Dominick

BajaAndy:  Welcome to this crazy world.  Is the emphasis on Baja or Andy.  I do a run down twice a year.  I love San Jose del Cabo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

bajaandy

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 08, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
BajaAndy:  Welcome to this crazy world.  Is the emphasis on Baja or Andy.  I do a run down twice a year.  I love San Jose del Cabo.  Dominick

Well, I guess that all depends on how many shots of tequila you've had! I go a couple times a year also... mostly on the Pacific side to surf and fish and camp. Lately I've been spending time in La Bocana, a little fishing village between Bahia Asuncion and Punta Abreojos.
I tink, therefore I am.

Dominick

Quote from: bajaandy on August 08, 2013, 06:22:46 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on August 08, 2013, 05:45:12 PM

Well, I guess that all depends on how many shots of tequila you've had! I go a couple times a year also... mostly on the Pacific side to surf and fish and camp. Lately I've been spending time in La Bocana, a little fishing village between Bahia Asuncion and Punta Abreojos.
I read about these places on BD.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.