Sealine 300h - will the faster 50h gears work in a 300h?

Started by Joel.B, August 14, 2013, 06:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

Fishead

Yes they will,I have done it to both of mine with no changes needed.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Joel.B

Hey thanks Fishead!!!

I have a 50h parts-reel coming in, I think i'll swap the gears

I really like the size of the 300h, with faster gears and good drags- it should make for a very sweet reel

Fishead

Yes, it does make a difference. Where did you order the gears from & the cost if I may ask. It has been a while since I bought any Daiwa parts & I need to upgrade another 300H.

Joel.B

Quote from: Fishead on August 18, 2013, 03:42:45 PM
Yes, it does make a difference. Where did you order the gears from & the cost if I may ask. It has been a while since I bought any Daiwa parts & I need to upgrade another 300H.

I bought a junker 50h parts-reel off ebay for $15

But daiwa probably has them, they have frame and plate for 300h I needed

I know scotts has mucho Daiwa parts

RowdyW

Quote from: Joel.B on August 14, 2013, 06:46:30 PM
Bridge is the same, I dont know if plates have room
Hi Joel, I think that the 50h has a smaller ID in the main gear & the gear sleeve has a smaller OD. I wonder if the 50h gear sleeve will fit the 300h bridge shaft correctly.    Rudy

Fishead

RowdyW

Quote from: Fishead on August 23, 2013, 01:14:12 AM
Mine fit like they were made for that reel.
I'm not saying it will not work but it needs a little more explanation on what all has to be changed because of the different diamentions  of the parts.

Joel.B

Quote from: RowdyW on August 23, 2013, 02:23:10 AM
Quote from: Fishead on August 23, 2013, 01:14:12 AM
Mine fit like they were made for that reel.
I'm not saying it will not work but it needs a little more explanation on what all has to be changed because of the different diamentions  of the parts.

The 50h gear I have has exact same ID as the 300h, sleeves are the same too.  I am mid-swap this very moment.

This 300h with faster gears will be a very sweet reel once I upgrade the drags and handle. May become my new favorite.....