small round reels

Started by mmac, August 15, 2013, 05:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmac

I have a Calcutta 100 a 3600 moruum reel and a abu 2500c grey high speed which is better as far as durable, maint and drag  setup I fish light saltwater mostly  thanks for the replies   mmac

Bryan Young

although I have not held a moruum, I think it would do well and would be considered equivalent to the Calcutta. 

I believe the 2500C is the lightest of them all due to the frame.

so, in short, it comes to perference...personally, I would choose the which ever reel balances the rod the most with the lure attached.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

In that class I have a Diawa Millionaire CS-V (precurser to the Luna) that I absolutly love. Jigmaster size drags and unbelievable casting once you throw away the level wind.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Mandelstam

The 2500c is one of the best reels ever made. I'd go with that one any day! Just to know that you have one of the all time classics on your rod makes you a much better fisherman as well!  ;)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

I agree, the 2500 is a great reel. Ake Murvall the Ambassadeur designer/engineer made the epitome of reels with that one.  Long distance record holder and able to cope with big fish too.

TravHale

What size fish are you fishing for?

mmac

I fish for seatrout flounder bluefish and redfish in the bays along the al and fla coast and sometimes you get a bull redfish , that is why the question about the factory drags normaly   use 12# line  thanks for all the replys and thanks for this site    mmac

Keta

I fish steelhead with a Calcutta 51, the largest on that reel was just over 20lbs.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

TravHale

Quote from: mmac on August 16, 2013, 02:22:04 PM
I fish for seatrout flounder bluefish and redfish in the bays along the al and fla coast and sometimes you get a bull redfish , that is why the question about the factory drags normaly   use 12# line  thanks for all the replys and thanks for this site    mmac

Same here, I switched over to light low profile reels a few years ago and couldn't be happier. Are you a diehard round reel addict?  :P

mmac

I started using ambassadeurs back in the 1960s . I have a diawa coastal and a quantum inshore but they get used very little, always grab one of my round reels.  mmac