Penn international 20 rebuild

Started by Fishhunter707, August 15, 2013, 08:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishhunter707

Hi I recently purchased an old penn int 20.  Got it really inexpensive and decided to do my first rebuild.. Everything was going great got all the rebuild parts in from Scott's and everything was going in nicely.. Up until I tried to put the drag cover on... It's not a screw on one.. Which would of been awesome.. Also I just went a head and buttoned it up w out it on just to see if the thing would work and the handles locked up...  I knew it was coming together too easily..  I'm about done trying to figure it out..  I spent 3 hours yest jus trying to get the darn drag cover on..  Anyone know a place in the Bay Area ( Oakland, Vallejo ) area I can take this too to ?.

erikpowell

I know a great guy in Saratoga... he'd be pretty close!  ;D ;D

alantani

check in with vic's rod and reel repair in cordelia.  you can also leave that cap off and the reel will work just fine.  it will be just like an avet!

there are tabs, though, and you have to push them into the slots.  sometimes the tabs are messed up, sometimes the slots, and sometimes both.  but the cover is not necessary.  as a matter of fact, you might be better off without it!   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!