My new handle arms.

Started by Keta, August 16, 2013, 12:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 16, 2013, 05:17:52 AM
Lee, you must have read my mind, I was going to ask if you could make the cut out a little narrower ;D
I tried again with the computer, I don't want Daron to make fun of my artistic skills again ;D
All in good Fun Sal!  :D
I couldn't resist.  ;)
I like Lee's 114H design in the picture, gives it a sweeping sexy look! It that one of Alan's 6/0 handles on there?
I see what Norcal Pescador was talking about when he called them Hot Dogs on that 113.
Has anyone heard from Rob lately? I don't see him posting stuff.
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 16, 2013, 07:35:53 AM
It that one of Alan's 6/0 handles on there?

Yes, I prefer the smaller one for 500/112H reels but the large one works good on my 113H/349 and 114H reels.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, that looks great!
I don't know your dimensions for the other handles, I was thinking:
4" for the Jigmaster - tip to tip, 5" for the 113H and 5 1/2" for the 114H.
They don't need to be exact, but if you get close within 1/4" +/- it would be nice.
For me, I would take all three in that design, just keep it to scale as you go down on size.

Lee, three holes on all would be nice, but I'll take whatever you come up with.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

You up already Sal?
I just got home from work. Got me on 6 to 6 nights this week. Ugh! :(
I can't complain, I spend half my night talking to you guys on the clock. ;D
I guess with only 5 hours sleep, you are just as excited as me about Lee's new arms.
Lee is the Man!  ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

;D ;D
I'm up every mornings at 4:30 am, been doing the same for many years.
Well, when not work related, I get up at 3:30 am ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

That will be my wake up time next week. On 6 to 6 days. Gotta love it!
I am seriously thinking of making me a cabinet for my reels. Nothing as extravagant as yours, but something to show off my reels. I work at an acrylic factory, so the glass will be the right price.
Just need time to do it. Me and my son are headed to the gulf in 31 days to do some serious fishing.
Time to put some Senator Muscle on those Sharks. I hope to catch me a Hammer or a Tiger. We will see.
I can't wait! ;D
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 16, 2013, 10:44:28 AM

Lee, three holes on all would be nice, but I'll take whatever you come up with.

The gear sleeve and handle nut retainer holes are the hard part but once I had them adding extra holes or taking them off is relatively easy, even a 5 hole.   ;D

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Now you're showing off Lee ::) ;D, you must have some nice software.
That looks like a stretched limo ;D. Too rich for my blood, maybe Albert (Makule) would like it ;) ;D

Keta

Albert wants single hole arms.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Keta

It's a relatively easy CAD program and just about anything flat can be cut.  This change took 5 minutes.

Mark Twain

elnath

Great work!  So when can I get one for a 114H?

Keta

The 500/112H and 114H drawings have been proven to be good and I'll be making a small run next week, I'm a little over extended on some large cuttings of Newell washers and Penn dogs right now and a bit short of funds but payment is coming.

Mark Twain