113 Grouper Special Parts Wanted

Started by Keta, August 20, 2013, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have a  Penn 113HW spool and graphite frame, and a Newell 112H spool and frame to trade for the frame and spool to convert my "new" 113 to a 113N "Grouper Special"  I have other parts but too many to list, ask.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

George4741

Lee,
I imagine you are looking for a narrow frame and spool.  I don't have any parts, but if you ever find an extra aluminum Longbeach 66 spool, I'm sure several of us would like to have one.  I know Newell made some 68 spools, so maybe he also made some for the 66.
  George
viurem lliures o morirem

Ron Jones

Lee,
I have a spool, bridge, pinion and posts. Sorry, nothing I can do about the stand, their is a YTS kit without a spool on eBay that isn't unreasonable. Just say the word and they'll be out the door.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: noyb72 on August 20, 2013, 11:15:46 PM
Lee,
I have a spool, bridge, pinion and posts. Sorry, nothing I can do about the stand, their is a YTS kit without a spool on eBay that isn't unreasonable. Just say the word and they'll be out the door.
Ron

I will keep you in mind for "plan b".

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

see, this is what happens when i miss staff meetings.  um, lee, what parts do you need to complete this reel?   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Alan,
He needs a LongBeach 66 and either a Newell Yellow Tail Special stand (bars are nice) or an aluminum YTS frame. A gruoper special is a black yellow tail special using a 66 bridge and pinion to speed it up. With all the stainless goodies and 5+1 drags, of course.

Lee, please make a hex adapter for this gear!!

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

i have a beat up long beach 66 somewhere, no problem.  is that it?

Ron Jones

He still needs the stand, it is the hard part.

Ronald
Ronald Jones
"

RowdyW

Quote from: noyb72 on August 21, 2013, 12:36:29 AM
Alan,
A gruoper special is a black yellow tail special using a 66 bridge and pinion to speed it up.

Ron
& 66 yoke

RowdyW

A YTS frame from Accurate. Tiburon, or JVariance, either new or used will work nicely and is the strongest by far.     Rudy

Ron Jones

that is true, but I love me my Newell kits.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
"

RowdyW

To each his own, give me solid 1 piece aluminum frames any day over a frame of multiple pieces.    Rudy

john2244

Hello Lee,

I have either an Accurate or Tiburon narrow aluminum frame you can have for your narrow 113 project. I will not be able to ship until Saturday or maybe next Monday.  If you can wait I will ship then, let me know.
John

alantani

lee, found a 66!  i will ship it out!

Keta

It looks like this fall/winter project might end up being a late summer project, thanks.

Quote from: john2244 on August 21, 2013, 03:59:20 AM
Hello Lee,

I have either an Accurate of Tiburon narrow aluminum frame you can have for your narrow 113 project. I will not be able to ship until Saturday or maybe next Monday.  If you wait I will ship then, let me know.
John

That would help, thanks.

Quote from: alantani on August 21, 2013, 04:17:28 AM
lee, found a 66!  i will ship it out!

Thanks

Mark Twain