Beware of this Ebay seller

Started by Joel.B, August 17, 2013, 09:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Do what you must Joel. I am not a believer in this anymore. No matter what. The highest bidder wins.
Plain and simple. ;D
Life is Good!

Joel.B

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 18, 2013, 04:58:13 AM
Do what you must Joel. I am not a believer in this anymore. No matter what. The highest bidder wins.
Plain and simple. ;D

Me?  No I dont snipe, I am more of a "Buy it now" or "best offer" guy, or if I happen to be there towards end of auction I may try to grab something. 

Makule

I'm not a chaser.  I just put in what I'm willing to pay and if someone else is willing to pay more, then I'm out.  Ebay let you put in your maximum bid and it'll automatically increase the bid (often by increments of $1.50) if someone else bids.

For example, a reel for sale has a starting price of $20.  I'm willing to pay $50, so I place a maximum bid of $50.  My bid initially goes in at $20.  If someone else places a bid of $23, my bid automatically goes to $24.50.  Someone else places a bid of $40, and my bid automatically goes to $41.50.  This repeats until my maximum amount is reached, at which point Ebay sends me a message saying that I'm outbid.  I can decide to increase my maximum bid at that point, but I normally don't do that.  I stick to the limit that I set so that I don't get carried away with the bidding frenzy (which some people very much enjoy).

My impression is that Ebay's system beats sniping because even if someone places a bid within a few seconds of closing, if it's less than my maximum, Ebay will automatically increase it as soon as the other person's bid is received.  I don't think humans can beat the speed of electronics.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Dave Bentley

Quote from: Joel.B on August 17, 2013, 10:19:13 PM
I just got off phone with the guy- he is adamant that it was 501 in his listing, he never had a 146 spool, and that I for some reason used this whole process to swap a 146 spool for a 501........

I sent him ebay item number for 146 spools that are listed, and 501 spools, asked him to compare those pics to his pics in his own listing, he should be able to see shaft sizes, and how far out the clicker-sprocket is on the shaft.

I blame Bryan

Jeez, and I thought Bryan was a good bloke.

Must be true when they say you never really know someone until you live with them.

;D
Only believe that which you know to be true.

day0ne

I also noticed he listed it as a 29M-501 but it appears to be an aluminum spool which would be a 29L-501.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Ron Jones

Funny how everyone's jargon is different.

Their are programs that will snipe for you. I've never considered bidding at the end of an auction sniping. In fact, I don't understand why anyone would bid until 45 seconds or so before the end of the auction, all it does is drive the price up. The way I see it is the seller will start the auction at his minimum price and I'm not interested in spending any more then that than necessary. That is capitalism 101.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bluefish69

Quote from: noyb72 on August 21, 2013, 07:16:29 AM
Funny how everyone's jargon is different.

Their are programs that will snipe for you. I've never considered bidding at the end of an auction sniping. In fact, I don't understand why anyone would bid until 45 seconds or so before the end of the auction, all it does is drive the price up. The way I see it is the seller will start the auction at his minimum price and I'm not interested in spending any more then that than necessary. That is capitalism 101.

Ron

I always waited for under 10 sec. to bid but I have lost things that I really need or wanted. Someone must be Snipeing my Bids. I just want to even thing just a little. Bidding before the last Minute is throwing money away unless you have friends building the price for you. I have had people tell me they do this.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.