No Fishing today

Started by mrbrklyn, August 23, 2013, 03:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

and I am so bored.

I had a strange fishing slump.  Two - O-for trips back to back and then yesterday we sailed out to Jersey Shore from Brooklyn and after several slow spots, we hit good, as I got got 6 keeper Black Sea Bass and 2 out of season Black Fish that were respectfully tossed back.  Then we ran into a huge storm on the trip back.  But I cooked everything up and I'm now bored as hell.

Mandelstam

It's called cold turkey. Just one cure. Go fishing.

:)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

bluefish69

Ruben

Who did you sail with Tony or Greg

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bucktail

Isn't there a dock or something near you where you can wet a line?  That might take the edge off, even if you're just catching croakers or kingfish.
Just a jig-a-lo

bluefish69

Bob

The piers in the Bay are 250'-300' long & there are 10 of them. Big Louie fishes off the back of the Marilyn Jean IV & catches a lot of hand size fish of different types. You need very lite tackle & a Sabuke  Rig.

bluefish69

Quote from: mrbrklyn on August 23, 2013, 10:26:33 PM
Quote from: bluefish69 on August 23, 2013, 09:06:50 PM
Bob

The piers in the Bay are 250'-300' long & there are 10 of them. Big Louie fishes off the back of the Marilyn Jean IV & catches a lot of hand size fish of different types. You need very lite tackle & a Sabuke  Rig.

there is more to fishing than catching fish..

Your right totay I Opened the seals on 20 Bearings for Newell's. Dropped them in TSI to soak.

Ron Jones

Ha!
I knew what you meant, but knew I would sound like a butt-head if it wasn't what you meant!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"