Penn 9/0 handle

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 23, 2013, 07:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Aight I'm putting an old easy access drag one piece chrome spool 9/0 together for a friend and the handle is stuck. Worst I've ever seen. Do I need to just soak it in wd-40 till it budges or what? I dot have a handle wrench so thats not really an option right now
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

You really need that wrench. I had one on a 6/0 that was really tight. I was impatient and tried to break it loose anyway. It did, but it bent the sleeve in the process. The 9/0 has the same sleeve. Better soak it for a while or you will be needing a new sleeve.
If its that tight. Its easy to screw up the end of it too.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

How do I get one, I reckon I better get one
Grayson Lanier

RowdyW

PM Bryan & I think he can send you one. Alan left today on a 1 week fishing trip.   Rudy

Bryan Young

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on August 23, 2013, 08:02:35 PM
How do I get one, I reckon I better get one
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=164.0

They are $15 shipping included if pay via check.  If you prefer to pay via paypal, the cost is $16.  Please advise.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bunnlevel Sharker

Ok Mr.Bryan I sent you a pm
Grayson Lanier

Keta

One of the best tools I have for Penn reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Indeed! ;D
Built like a Tank! Not like those flimsy ones that come with the reel.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well I will have one on the way soon, it's soaking in wd-40 now
Grayson Lanier

RowdyW

If the WD 40 doesn't work try a 50-50 mixture of acetone & trans fluid. Its much stronger then penetrating oils.    Rudy

Keta

I use 50/50 ATF/Acetone but be careful, it eats plastic.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bunnlevel Sharker

Ok thanks guys, right now I dousing it with wd-40 and I've got a protective donut like structure of paper towels on the side plate
Grayson Lanier