Started by wtdii, August 24, 2013, 01:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wtdii

does any one have  a idea of what this reel is worth

Joel.B

two have sold on Ebay in last 60 days- both NIB excellent, $550-$750

I imagine yours would be a bit less than that as not NIB

Robert Janssen

...or a lot less than that. That was the highest price i've ever heard of for one of those. They usually sell for much less. A couple-three hundred is more likely. Sometimes less, sometimes more.

Mandelstam

Don't sell it! Fish it!!

That reel is one of the reels on my "to get list". Makes you proud to be a Swede.

:)
/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

wtdii

thanks guys for the info i know there some what rare do yall think it was worth 150.00

Mandelstam

If you like it and $150 is what you paid, it's worth it.  Otherwise you wouldn't had bought it right?

I don't have any real insight on what these usually go for on fleabay but I'd say 150 is a good price. I would have bought it for that price.

/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

I would pay 150 for it, but I am a sucker for all old Ambassadeur's.  The 20 was mid size in the IGFA series.  You can find more about it at realsreels.com though he doesn't include values.

Robert Janssen

Quote from: Mandelstam on August 26, 2013, 08:30:03 PM
Don't sell it! Fish it!!

That reel is one of the reels on my "to get list". Makes you proud to be a Swede.

Attaboy.  

Alto Mare

Hey, I also like those and I'm not a Swede ;D. Well maybe I am a little, I did have a red beard when I was younger.
They called me red beard the pirate ;D. You don't see many Italians from the south with red beards :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 26, 2013, 11:39:33 PM
Hey, I also like those and I'm not a Swede ;D. Well maybe I am a little, I did have a red beard when I was younger.
They called me red beard the pirate ;D. You don't see many Italians from the south with red beards :-\.

Barba rossa il pirate:  That probably came from a Viking visit plundering the Italian coast.  Maybe you and Karl are cugini.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

tle88

http://www.realsreels.com/reels/igfa/

Here in Finland they have ask about 250 euros from Ambassadeur 20.
Different thing is, is it possibly to give. I think that 250 is a little bit
too much.  Old reel, and no spare parts any more, and it is a little
bit heavy....  1450 g is about 3 pounds.

Expensive reel, which have been made it unusual and rare.

Tuure  -.-

Robert Janssen

250 Euro is an okay price for one. Whether or not that is worth it for you, or as a new reel, is different.

ABU in Svängsta actually has a surprising number of spare parts.

Yes- the spool makes it very heavy. An aluminum spool would help a lot, but you either have to make it yourself or find someone to do it for you.

Mandelstam

Quote from: Pescachaser on August 27, 2013, 03:11:58 AM
Quote from: Alto Mare on August 26, 2013, 11:39:33 PM

Barba rossa il pirate:  That probably came from a Viking visit plundering the Italian coast.  Maybe you and Karl are cugini.   ;D ;D Dominick

Well, I've been surprised a few times about how small our world is, so I wouldn't rule it out! Atleast honorary cugini :). And my beard also has some red in it, along with some white nowadays... When we're on the topic of beards I've actually noticed, since I've let mine grow freely for a year now, that it naturally parts itself into two parts below the chin. So I might be a descendant to Sven Forkbeard, ruler of Denmark and England in the 10th century. ;) 

As for the reel, if I had the money to spend, I'd buy one and have a new alu spool made. Would love to go fishing with one of those. I'd probably never get the money back for what it would cost but why sell it? :)

/Karl

Dynamo

Are those harness lugs I see?

Mandelstam