113 & 113H gears

Started by turboal, August 24, 2013, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

I told Lee I don't think he is dishonest. I think he buys reels and if they don't sell he parts them out. I think he has a Chum Lee taking them apart and labeling them.  ;)  Bob
I don't know how accurate his pics are. He had a steel gear picture that if you looked it had a tooth or two broken off.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: Cone on August 28, 2013, 03:32:00 AM
I think he has a Chum Lee taking them apart and labeling them.  ;)  Bob
Lol ;D
Grayson Lanier

Keta

Quote from: Cone on August 28, 2013, 03:32:00 AM
I told Lee I don't think he is dishonest.

Far from dishonest, he just does not know as much about reels as he thinks he does and was a PIA to deal with.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Well,
I stand corrected! >:( I just got a stand for a 116A from him, and its a 12/0 stand. We will see how this goes. I have a very old 12/0 with the counterbalanced handle and a warped three piece spool. I have 116A stainless posts and a nice chrome spool. All I need is this stand to make it into a 10/0.
Life is Good!

Keta

He/She does not seem to comprehend the difference between a 113 and a 113H or in your case a 116A (10/0) and 116L (12/0).  I bid on and paid for a 40-113H (the small old style non handle side bearing)  and was sent a nasty looking 40-60...I have several better ones in my scrap bucket.  When I told him/her about it he/she argued that they were the same part.  After several e-mails he/she finally refunded my money and told me to stuff the part.

They have a lot of hard to find reel parts, I hope they learn how to properly ID them.

Let us know how it goes.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Chum Lee strikes again!
I only gave 8 bucks for the stand + 5 shipping. I'm not going to argue with him about it.
I really wanted to put that reel together today and this part is hard to find without buying a whole reel.
I'll let you know what happens. ;D
Life is Good!

Cone

Good luck! He will finally refund the money. You may have to ship it back and argue a while with him. When he sent the alloy 9500ss gear I asked him if I had ordered the tapered pinion for the brass gear he had pictured, Would I have gotten the straight pinion used with the alloy gear? He said I have both. He never said which he would have sent. I've finally learned.   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Keta

Too bad, he/she is setting on a gold mine of hard to find older Penn parts.

Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Well,
It looks like he wants to argue. >:( He says they take their reels apart one at a time and if it was advertised as a 116A, Its for a 116A. He also asked for a part number. This stand is so corroded, there is no part number visible. I couldn't find one on my other 10/0's either. I think this is why he asked.
So. I sent him this picture.
Life is Good!