113 & 113H gears

Started by turboal, August 24, 2013, 04:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

there are a bunch of used SS penn gears on e-bay for sale. main and pinion

Keta

If it's "jdltreasures1" I would think long and hard about buying anything.  They mislabel parts and argue with you when you try to get the part you paid for, even with the Penn part number clearly visible.  It's too bad, he has a lot of hard to find parts but at a premium price.

Here's a 349 AR dog with a 500 dog spring sold as a "set" for $5.95.  If anyone is looking for 349 dogs I can make another run and I sell new SS ones for $3.00 ea.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

turboal

DAMM, I just bought a bunch of parts from him. i hope their right.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

day0ne

He will take way less than he lists them for. I've offered about half his listing price and had him take it
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

bluefish69

I have never had a problem with him. I have bought dozens of Newell Parts so far.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

turboal

I usually offer 50% of his asking prices.

Bryan Young

on Penn parts and newell parts, around 50% of his asking, on others, like shimano, it's hard to get parts at a decent price.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

I've bought from him. I was sent a steel gear advertised as for a 113h. It was smaller than a 113h gear. When I contacted him he argued that it came out of a 113h. He told me to keep it and sent a bronze gear. My only other experience was similar. I bought a 9500ss main gear from him because the picture he used was a brass gear. When it came in it was the alloy gear. I contacted him and he changed his picture. I ended up keeping the gear because it was easier than arguing about it. I won't buy from him now.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

garking84

he has a pro gear handle for jigmaster listed at $35.00. My only question is what's a good price to pay for one of does handles? Its used but looks very nice

franky

Quote from: garking84 on August 27, 2013, 06:35:44 PM
he has a pro gear handle for jigmaster listed at $35.00. My only question is what's a good price to pay for one of does handles? Its used but looks very nice

This is just my opinion...

I wouldn't do it.  I've replaced a couple of my jigmaster handles with the penn power handle.  It is made for a jigmaster, it has three mounting holes to choose from, and it has the knob of a 113 4/0 reel.  It costed me $21.00 brand new at a local fishing supply store.  You might want to take a look into this same power handle made by Penn....you might change your mind.  :)

garking84

Ok thanks I'll definitely think about it. I offered him 25 and he said yes but ill look around see what I find

Shark Hunter

I've ordered a couple parts from him. Mainly just senator stuff, not gears. I haven't had a problem thus far. Hate to hear that, especially from stand up guys Like Lee and Bob. The whole fleabay thing can be good or bad. You have to be careful.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

I don't like to hear that, but I must say that I've also purchased a few things from him and everything went smooth.
I  had a couple of conversations with him and invited him to visit us, with the hope that he would give us a good discount. He said that he would check us out, but haven't heard anything yet. This went on about a month ago. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: turboal on August 26, 2013, 08:03:21 PM
DAMM, I just bought a bunch of parts from him. i hope their right.
I hope it works out for you Turboal. ;D
The fact that Sal has spoken to him is kind of Scary considering Lee's outlook on him. I know Lee and Sal are tight. I hate to Blackball this guy. >:(
Life is Good!