ambassadeur 7000 handle

Started by fishhawk, August 27, 2013, 01:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishhawk

Does anyone know any other reel handle that fits a 7000 besides ambassadeur,I'm asking this because I got one off fleabay and its different than any other I have seen.It looks exactly like original power handle except it doesn't have a counter weight! Just chopped off right behind handle nut also has 2 mounting holes (adj. length) I really like this handle it allows easy access to my drag

Mandelstam

I'm sorry if I maybe misunderstood your question, but If you are asking if that handle will fit, why don't you just try it on?

:)
/Karl
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

fishhawk

lol, sorry about the confusion, let me rephrase.I have a 7000 that has a handle as before described, I'm looking for another

abudoc

Mikes Reel Repair sells the handle you are looking for or at least one that sounds like it. Listed under Reel Tuning & Upgrades.

Bryan Young

Quote from: fishhawk on August 27, 2013, 01:01:57 AM
Does anyone know any other reel handle that fits a 7000 besides ambassadeur,I'm asking this because I got one off fleabay and its different than any other I have seen.It looks exactly like original power handle except it doesn't have a counter weight! Just chopped off right behind handle nut also has 2 mounting holes (adj. length) I really like this handle it allows easy access to my drag
Daiwa handles may also fit  I've swapped out my handles for Daiwa's because 1) they are made of stainless steel 2) way cheaper than abu handles and 3)some cases, grips are bigger.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D

Hi...open the drawings for the early 9000,10000,and ultra mag 4 and 5's, to see if one of those suits your needs. Drawings all over the net, including Mikes and Purefishing.

fishhawk

Many thanks to all of you for taking your time and trying  to help.The only handle Mike's have are a bit pricey.Ken are you refering to schematics?The only difference that I'm aware of is the old "pancake"? style paddle wheel they used but even those have the counter balanced ends.Brian You know what I'm looking for! It looks like the handle on a daiwa saltist! Hey I'm mot above using a file,die grinder,drill or whatever!Still looking, thanx again!!!

Ken_D

I know the crank you want... no counterweight, and two holes, to vary the throw length. I'll see if I can find it.
Last time I looked for one like that was 6 years ago, for a sport. I don't have a photographic memory, and many times I wish it were so.

Ken_D

FOUND IT !!!!!!

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/ambassadeur/Ambassadeur_Ten_88-0.pdf

It may be still at purefishing for about 14.00. It's on their D list. After D (delete) stock is gone, it goes NLA no longer avail.

fishhawk

Man, dont ya like it when you finally do remember something and youre right about !BINGO!!! yea ken you found it (pat on back) I'm not going to say how long I looked at "custom" reel handles. I believe its called super power handle and the nice lady said they had quite a few.You made my day!
Thanx again

harryk3616

hi    fishhawk     can you post a picture, i have some odds and ends laying around and i'll see if i have one to fit, i'm not familiar with the reel, if i have one it's yours.     harryk

steelfish

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 28, 2013, 09:59:56 PM
Daiwa handles may also fit  I've swapped out my handles for Daiwa's because 1) they are made of stainless steel 2) way cheaper than abu handles and 3)some cases, grips are bigger.

OLD thread, but , which model of daiwa reels are the ones which handles fit abu 7000?
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

Quote from: steelfish on February 13, 2015, 05:57:56 PM
Quote from: Bryan Young on August 28, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

OLD thread, but , which model of daiwa reels are the ones which handles fit abu 7000?
I'm not absolutely sure it will fit on the 7000 series but here it is.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2641.0

It fits on my 4600, 5500, and 6500 series Abus.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

wow I cannot believe I missed your answer... thanks bryan, too bad that thead its too old to ask Alan for another daiwa handle kit for $10
The Baja Guy

Bryan Young

I believe Alan Still have these.  If not, I may have one or two lying around.