HOT ROD 309

Started by broschro, August 27, 2013, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broschro

Quote from: broschro on August 30, 2013, 12:08:11 PM
Ok I just re read the listing, jigmaster 99 size. So now what reel beside the jigmaster will this fit? Looks like I will need some more parts  ::)
will this fit the 309 ::)

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broschro

jig master only I suppose

Keta

I can't remember but it might fit a Surfmaster 250.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

broschro

Alto Mare

It appears things are getting confusing :-\, well to me anyway.
the 30-49 will fit a Senator 1/0 , 501, 506,100 146,259 and 49.
The 30-99 will fit the International 6 (if anyone has one let me know how much ;D), 12H and Silverbeach 99.
You can increase the ratio on the Silverbeach by replacing the right side plate with a Jigmaster 500 plate.
Hope this clears it a bit.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: Keta on August 30, 2013, 02:03:47 PM
I can't remember but it might fit a Surfmaster 250.

It doesn't the 250 uses a 30-200 stand.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

John informed me that the 30-99 doesn't fit the international 6, but it does fit the international 12H.
That said I'm still looking for that 6, but it needs to be in excellent shape with box.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

Ok I just re read the listing, it says jigmaster 99 size. what dose this mean ???

Ron Jones

It means that the seller doesn't know his Penns exceptionally well.

The Penn 99 Silverbeach and the Penn 500 Jigmaster have the same diameter, the right side of the spool is the same and the sideplate bolt holes are the same. This means that you can bolt a 500 Jigmaster right side plate to a 99 SIlverbeach and have intermidiate capacity reel that has a higher gear ratio and better drags. This is called an Albacore Special.

Newell made parts to beef up a 99 with whatever sideplate was mounted on it. You have bought one of those frames. You will need a 500 Jigmaster and a 99 sized spool from Penn, Newell, Tiburon and I think one or two other people to put together an awesome reel. Trying to get a set of Newell 99 posts would be cool too.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Keta

Quote from: broschro on August 30, 2013, 06:47:35 PM
Ok I just re read the listing, it says jigmaster 99 size. what dose this mean ???

I have 2 Tiburon 99 width frame kits for Jigmasters and one for a 112H.

Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Now I see what's going on here. Jamie, are talking stands or kits?

broschro

it's just the stand.

Ron Jones

What's going on is I tols Jamie that the 99 Newell stand would fit his 309, so he went and bought it. Then Sal told me I'm an idiot and just caused Jamie to waste his money, can't tell you how sorry I am about that, Jamie.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"