HOT ROD 309

Started by broschro, August 27, 2013, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George4741

Sal,
I knew what you meant, old buddy.  I wanted to clear things up for Broschro.   

viurem lliures o morirem

broschro

Will the 99 size stand fit

Ron Jones

Yes, the 99,112h will both fit.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

No Ron, the 99 will not work. The width is the same, but the 99 comes with (3) holes for the stand. It wouldn't have been a problem if the outer two holes line up, but they don't.
Jamie, I have a few 30-66 they're the older type, I believe some called them skeleton stand.
If you need me to send you one, I'll be happy to do so, but you won't be able to attach the rod clamp.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Broschro,
If you want to stiffen the frame a little bit, then use a Newell RB-2 reelfoot.  Since the reel is only held together with 3 posts and a reelfoot, this is about all you can do to make it more rigid.
 George

BTW if you install a Newell foot, then replace those short screws with some longer ones.
viurem lliures o morirem

broschro

so the 99 size won't fit that stinks I just won one off of ebay anyhow I'm going to do what I can to make this a muscle real for my son

RowdyW

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 28, 2013, 09:56:22 AM
I have a few 30-66 they're the older type, I believe some called them skeleton stand.

Hi Sal, I think those so called skeleton stands are 30-65 LB stands, as they are the same width as a 30-66.   Rudy

Ron Jones

Huh,
Their is a Newell stand on ebay right now that says 112H / 99. I've seen other references also, but Scotts does indeed say I'm an idiot.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: RowdyW on August 28, 2013, 06:37:47 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on August 28, 2013, 09:56:22 AM
I have a few 30-66 they're the older type, I believe some called them skeleton stand.

Hi Sal, I think those so called skeleton stands are 30-65 LB stands, as they are the same width as a 30-66.   Rudy
Rudy, you're a walking encyclopedia ;D, I got my magnifying glass and it does say 30-65, very hard to tell on some though, it looks more like 66 than 65. That said, they will still work.
Quote from: broschro on August 28, 2013, 04:53:33 PM
so the 99 size won't fit that stinks I just won one off of ebay anyhow I'm going to do what I can to make this a muscle real for my son
Don't be too upset about that 99, it's a good item to have. Those are close to impossible to find ;)
Quote from: noyb72 on August 28, 2013, 06:45:35 PM
Huh,
Their is a Newell stand on ebay right now that says 112H / 99. I've seen other references also, but Scotts does indeed say I'm an idiot.

Ron
Ron, you can't get them all right...I sure don't.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George4741

Here is a link to a photo of an ACTUAL 99 stand.  Same width as a 30-66 but with 6 screw holes.  

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=6437.msg54778#msg54778

Irish Jigger did some nice and unusual work on this reel.
viurem lliures o morirem

broschro

as always thanks for all the info guys can I use the 99 stand on the 505?does Smoove drag still have some of the stainless steel gears for the 505?

George4741

Quote from: broschro on August 29, 2013, 06:36:35 PM

can I use the 99 stand on the 505?

No.  The 30-99 stand only fits the 99 Silverbeach. 
viurem lliures o morirem

broschro

Ok I just re read the listing, jigmaster 99 size. So now what reel beside the jigmaster will this fit? Looks like I will need some more parts  ::)

broschro

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain