Daiwa Whisker W 1305 E

Started by ossipeter, August 27, 2013, 06:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossipeter

Does anybody knews something about this Spinning reel? It has a Microcomputer with retrieve speed and preset drag on the back.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Sorry, I can't help you either. ::)
If it was a Penn, especially a Senator, you would be bombarded with information.
I guess Daiwa spinners aren't too popular around here. I posted about my old Daiwa AS7050 spinners a while back and Got one response, that said they really weren't worth anything.
I saw a whisker 7050 for sale, but they wanted 80 bucks for it. I don't think they cost that much new.
Good luck on your quest. ;D
Life is Good!

philaroman

I vaguely recall something about a computerized Daiwa, maybe from the late 80's(?)  ...I kinda' have the impression that the computerized feature was a gimmick that wasn't very useful or lasting & didn't catch on (unnecessary extra weight & maintenance, without much functional benefit)  if it still works & the reel looks good, it's pretty rare -- keep/sell it as a collectible.

otherwise, regular Whiskers are good solid reels, for the price range.  big S/W sizes are well-respected & the little 700-size has a diehard fan-club (esp., in Asia) -- high-end features where it counts & no frills to jack up the price/weight.