Look at this beauty

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 29, 2013, 01:37:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Old school penn 9/0, one piece spool and easy access drags. I did a friend a favor and put it together for him, he got it in pieces for 5 bucks. His right side bushing had kinda swelled so that it was sticking in the pinion and had to be tapped or pulled out. So I replaced it, and got everything right. Now it's a trophy! Needs a SS sleeve and a bigger handle and it will be perfect
Grayson Lanier

Jimmer

Beauty. I sure am a fan of those old amber handles.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Alto Mare

Nice reel, your friend will be proud.
Sharker, I thought you were as old as some of us old farts here ;D, that hand doesn't look older than 22 :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Oh no, I've still got the kick and stupidity of youth to fish lockdown drag on everything and forget my belt ::) ;D
Grayson Lanier

floating doc

Isn't this the basket case reel I read about on sharksonthesand.com? Good to see a happy ending!
Central Florida

Bunnlevel Sharker

Yes sir, no dog, missing screws, and a locked up handle. Thanks to Mr.Bryan for getting me the handle wrench so fast!
Grayson Lanier

intili

fill that bad boy and top it with 60# SS wire. The ultimate wireline reel!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: intili on August 29, 2013, 03:54:35 PM
fill that bad boy and top it with 60# SS wire. The ultimate wireline reel!
GASP! I think it's gonna get filled with 100lb JB to 80lb mono, used for sharks in NJ and that area off the beach
Grayson Lanier

turboal

I sold 2 9/0's NIB about 2 years ago to a guy in Englishtown NJ.

Shark Hunter

Looking Good Grayson! ;D
These hold a ton of 100lb braid.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

You can bar back it and it will take 600+ of 80lb mono, it's getting 600yds of braid. If it were mine I would do it different, 600yds of 130lb jb to 130 mono, and use it for a short drop reel
Grayson Lanier