4/0w frame

Started by Bunnlevel Sharker, August 30, 2013, 02:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bunnlevel Sharker

Did anyone ever make a aluminum frame for a 4/0w? I'm working on upgrading my ray beater, it will have 300yds of braid to 60lb mono with a 300lb braid topper to a 400lb wind on leader :o It's gonna be me or the fish.
Grayson Lanier

turboal

I think i saw a Tiburon on www.reelygone.com site. Winchester bay reel repair

Ron Jones

It is a standard Tiburon item. T4W
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on August 30, 2013, 02:27:39 AM
Did anyone ever make a aluminum frame for a 4/0w? I'm working on upgrading my ray beater, it will have 300yds of braid to 60lb mono with a 300lb braid topper to a 400lb wind on leader :o It's gonna be me or the fish.
Red side plates or black?

Bunnlevel Sharker

Red plates, I wish there was a 3:1 SS gear for it. It gives and takes beatings, I would give out before it would. And thanks guys
Grayson Lanier

Bunnlevel Sharker

So is it a topless frame? That's what the description says, and I was wanting one with a top bar so I can use the harness lugs
Grayson Lanier

Ron Jones

That I don't know. Accurate may have made one.
These frames will work for the black side plate senator wich is slower, you can get them close to 3:1 using a 66 bridge, pinion and yoke. They are rare, but Newell made LongBeach 68 spools. So it is possible to make a 113LW if you wanted. If the spool wasn't important then a 68 Longbeach spool can be used. Stainless gears aren't available but plain steel gears are very common and just as strong as stainless.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

RowdyW

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on August 30, 2013, 08:37:05 PM
So is it a topless frame? That's what the description says, and I was wanting one with a top bar so I can use the harness lugs
Search on ebay for a used or NOS frame from Accurate or Tiburon. The older frames had a top bar. 3.25 is close enough to 3.00 that you will hardly know the difference. The 113h has stronger drags & gears then a 113 4/0 black. Just find a steel main gear for it.           Rudy

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on August 30, 2013, 08:37:05 PM
Topless frames will accept harness lugs.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bunnlevel Sharker

Thanks guys, I will add one this weekend. I'm gonna try and find a steel gear, at some points you just have to put it on the rail and do the tuna thing with your hand, them big rays are tough
Grayson Lanier

Cone

I have a topless 113h on a Tiburon wide frame. It has the harness lugs. I really like the new style Tib frames
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

floating doc

The old sealine 450H I have is 95% of what you're looking for.  One piece aluminum frame, aluminum side plates and spool, etc.

So far the only drag upgrade is smoothies, though.  If there were CF drags available,  this would be a good option.
Central Florida

Bunnlevel Sharker

I'm not a huge sealine fan in the smaller sizes, I've put my 4/0w through so much that if it was gonna break it would but it still hasn't. Allstate I need is the frame and a new SS main gear and I will be rollin
Grayson Lanier

VW

Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on August 30, 2013, 02:27:39 AM
Did anyone ever make a aluminum frame for a 4/0w?

I have Accurate and Tiburon 4/0 wide frames.  Both are the older style with top crossbar, in very good condition.  email me if interested.